Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,014

3 members and 3,011 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Building behaviour or not?

Hi all,

I have 2 females I plan on breeding this year, both females are 2500g+ each and over 2 and a half years old, one is 2850g last time I weighed her,

Both have locked with a male,
    One female has had 4 locks, average of one per month, I started pairing mid Nov with the first lock being on the 19th Nov

Female 2 has had 2 locks about one lock a month, started pairing start of December, first lock on 17th Jan (took the female a few pairings to begin to lock)

Both female have been feeding well the past few months, 2x small/med rats per feeding but I haven't noticed them lying on the cool side, I have felt for follicles but they are chunky females and I'm worried about applying too much pressure and hurting or causing them damage.

Should I expect to see them cool seeking soon?

Thanks!

2850g female, 900g male
    Pics of both females attached

2500g+ female, 1100g male

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts
    You should certainly expect to see them cool-seeking eventually, but it's hard to tell exactly when without knowing where they're at in their follicular development. There isn't a set timeline on how long it takes to get from lock to ovulation, so each milestone can happen at different times depending on where they're at in their building phase. Keep doing what you're doing and eventually good things are bound to happen. Good luck!
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

Thanks

Re: Building behaviour or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Alan View Post
    You should certainly expect to see them cool-seeking eventually, but it's hard to tell exactly when without knowing where they're at in their follicular development. There isn't a set timeline on how long it takes to get from lock to ovulation, so each milestone can happen at different times depending on where they're at in their building phase. Keep doing what you're doing and eventually good things are bound to happen. Good luck!
    Sorry for the late reply,

I've tried palpating them for follicles but I've not felt anything as yet, I've read and watched YouTube videos on palpating but I don't think I've cracked it haha!

The het pied female just had another lock yesterday so that's once a month since January. I've had friends that breed tell me to use back up males as mine are all first time breeders but I don't have that luxury unfortunately

Thanks for your reply and fingers crossed I see some positive signs soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk