Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,877

0 members and 2,877 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Advice, RI, mild noises

My 2 year old female ball python has been wheezing and whistling on the odd occasion for months (almost a year). I've taken her to the vet multiple times, taken cultures and it always comes back clear. She rarely does it, maybe I hear her once a week. But is this normal? I always feel anxious every time I hear her. I don't understand what else it could be, we have done multiple tests on her, cultures, fecal analysis etc. Nothing shows up. Could it be something serious like cancer? I don't know, the next thing I could do is an x-Ray. I know I'm probably anxious about nothing and I've done all i can and taken all your advice in the past. Any more would be appreciated thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Do a search on here and you may find dozens of possibilities. If the vet is saying no RI then there is probably not an RI. There would normally be more symptoms for an RI. They will occasionally make noises that are caused by stuck shed among other things. I have one animal that has made RI like sounds from the first day she came home every time she is picked up it is the only time she makes any noise and never has any other RI type symptoms. She is just a big heavy animal that makes noise if her lung is squeezed. Perfectly healthy animal who is huge with eggs right now. Relax. Everything is probably fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    I'm curious what kind of substrate do you use, and if it's dusty? A possibility is the substrate getting stuck in her nostrils constantly, and the air going through it makes noise.

Thanks

Re: Advice, RI, mild noises

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    I'm curious what kind of substrate do you use, and if it's dusty? A possibility is the substrate getting stuck in her nostrils constantly, and the air going through it makes noise.
    It's a possibility I'm sure, I use a mix of coco fibre and coco husk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk