Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,344

1 members and 1,343 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Some people should be imprisoned for life.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenThePython View Post
    In cases like this it should be completely legal to beat someone with a shovel and then bury them with it. What the hell would go through someone's mind doing that to an animal
    No way. Eye for an eye. Find the person, stuff their face with snake sheds and used substrate, and sew both ends of that person shut with 8 gauge wire. Then throw them in a dark room. I have zero issues with that vs. paying for them to be locked up for a while.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Exactly. I work in a jail for a living so I can tell you they have it better than some free people. They get medical care, free meals, shower and so on. Sure they're incarcerated, but life isn't all that terrible. All of us free people that work pay for it too.
    I worked EMS before leaving the field and we responded to the prisons. I'm paying out the rear for sub par health insurance while these inmates are getting all the care they need. They always acted like it was so horrible inside but like you said. They have it better than some. I'm paying taxes and some are going to the prisons who in turn were paying our contracts which was going towards my payroll. I'm essentially paying myself to work.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenThePython View Post
    In cases like this it should be completely legal to beat someone with a shovel and then bury them with it. What the hell would go through someone's mind doing that to an animal
    I'd rather not waste a good shovel. Sew their mouth shut would be more appropriate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I personally can't think of a single good reason, with the exception of the SNAKE's health, to remove it's fangs. I don't know anything about whether the fangs can develop health issues, or if in certain cases infections were present and teeth needed to be removed for the snake's health. If you don't want to be bit by a rattler, don't handle them. Leave it to the proper trained snake handlers. Sewing ANY animals mouth shut is CRUEL and in my opinion should be met with an eye for an eye punishment. NO ANIMAL should have its mouth sewn shut, EVER. There are ways to keep an animals mouth closed temporarily if need be, and in educational, scientific, or health-related situations I can understand TEMPORARILY.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheBP View Post
    I don't think they did this for fear of being bitten, it was likely witchcraft. (voodoo). Snakes are a huge part of many cult-type ideas like these. Also, I have to say, I don't agree that it's okay, by any means, to do this to a rattlesnake or another animal. If the animal bites, why don't you just let it be instead of going through the danger of capturing it and seriously injuring it? Euthanizing it instead would be more appropriate.
    When i read these i was a little defensive but see you guys are just being informative and helpful so thanks but i kinda knew people would take the rattlesnake thing the wrong way. I don't in anyway shape or form think its ok to thread a snakes mouth shut. I was just trying to make a point that if the cultist did that to a rattlesnake at least i understand why this doesn't mean i'm defending doing that to a rattlesnake.

And to Flynn regarding voodoo i knew that's why they did it thanks for the heads up though. I don't know what the voodoo rulebook says about how or why they thread things mouths shut but i think cause people don't want to get bitten while doing their little ceremony. I'm not trying to argue im just theorizing. I'm don't know why they do that but i think is cause they are scared of getting bit....by a ball python lol. We understand ball pythons are nice but i think we forget 99.9% of the world are scared of snakes even harmless ball pythons. So they sew its mouth shut again im just theorizing. I hope all of this didn't come of as defensive of something im just trying to clear to air sorta speak and again thanks for your input fynn and craig.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    When i read these i was a little defensive but see you guys are just being informative and helpful so thanks but i kinda knew people would take the rattlesnake thing the wrong way. I don't in anyway shape or form think its ok to thread a snakes mouth shut. I was just trying to make a point that if the cultist did that to a rattlesnake at least i understand why this doesn't mean i'm defending doing that to a rattlesnake.

And to Flynn regarding voodoo i knew that's why they did it thanks for the heads up though. I don't know what the voodoo rulebook says about how or why they thread things mouths shut but i think cause people don't want to get bitten while doing their little ceremony. I'm not trying to argue im just theorizing. I'm don't know why they do that but i think is cause they are scared of getting bit....by a ball python lol. We understand ball pythons are nice but i think we forget 99.9% of the world are scared of snakes even harmless ball pythons. So they sew its mouth shut again im just theorizing. I hope all of this didn't come of as defensive of something im just trying to clear to air sorta speak and again thanks for your input fynn and craig.

No, no. I get what you're saying. I wasn't implying that you agreed with or supported sewing the rattler mouth, I was just piggybacking off that comment. Sorry if it came off that way.
    I do think it's more of a belief that sewing will help/aid/prevent something on a spiritual level than sewing from fear of bites, though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

EDR (03-15-2017)

Thanks

While I know very little about these traditions, it's my understanding from the article and briefly googling that the sewing of the mouth shut is the main part of the ritual. It's not about not getting bitten - the point is for the snake to die slowly in agony from starvation, thus "inducing" these same feelings in the person the snake was linked to via the items in the mouth in the ritual. Without the torture induced in the animal by the sewing of the mouth, linking the person to the snake wouldn't create the desired pain in the target. Of course, as I said, the only things I know about this are from the article and a couple links on google so this is just my understanding of what is already only really a theory.

That said, I'm so glad she's doing ok!

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kcl For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (03-15-2017),EDR (03-15-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Yeah, I figured it was a spiritual or ritualistic act rather than fear of being bitten.

...and yes, it's soooooo great to hear that snake is doing well, what a fighter!!l

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kcl View Post
    the point is for the snake to die slowly in agony from starvation, thus "inducing" these same feelings in the person the snake was linked to via the items in the mouth in the ritual. Without the torture induced in the animal by the sewing of the mouth, linking the person to the snake wouldn't create the desired pain in the target.
    Wow thats dark lol. I think somebody is doing voodoo on me lol. Cause 2017 has only been a pile of you know what for me lately.

And I'm glad to hear she's in better hands now.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks

Oops, I hope I didn't come across as mean, I figured you likely didn't think the rattlesnake should be injured, just wanted to make sure. It's a valid theory that the sewing is to prevent being bitten, but I read up a bit and it looks like it is to "seal" the snake's soul after the ceremony, more like a spiritual thing then practical one. Scary.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FlynnTheBP For This Useful Post:

EDR (03-16-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123