Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,886

0 members and 2,886 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Bredli on the way, need help with set up!

Quote Originally Posted by Prognathodon View Post
    My Bredli has always had an RHP, and my JCP also has an RHP. They seem to both be doing fine with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks to you and BigLou for the RHP tips!

Is it safe to say I could use something like a Reptile Basics or Proheat 40 watt RHP and a simple Reptitherm 500r for an Exo Terra 36x18x24?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the RB 40-watt was the size we had on the Exo-Terra, and moved over to the AP enclosure. I'm not familiar with the Reptitherm thermostats. I prefer proportional thermostats for RHPs, instead of alternating between off or full-blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

Thanks

Thank you, I read that as well. I'll look further into proportional thermostats.

Thanks
    Quick update on my planning:

Looked up proportional thermostats, HerpStat and Vivarium Electronics. I like both for an RHP, etc...

Spoke to Ed from Constrictors NW today. Good guy, we talked about what I have and plan to have, (2) 6 month old BPs and the incoming 2015 Bredli.

Seems like the best thing to do now is keep the new Bredli in a tub with a UTH and Tstat. After some growth, order a 4x2x2 from Ed.

Then decide if at the same time I want to add another 4x2x14 and split it for the balls. I could keep them there or eventually add another 4x2x14 or 4x2x12 so they each have their own. Of course, keeping the enclosures at 4 feet length allows me to stack them.

I also have the option to move the balls to a tub rack but I have a feeling the kids would like to always see them in an enclosure, even if they spend all day in hides.

How does this plan sound? Any suggestions? Thx.
    0.1 Super Pastel BP "Melly"
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow BP "Titan"
    1.0 Morelia Bredli "Alpha Omega"
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    1.0 Siberian Hamster "Bean"
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

Full House Living the suburban farm life in Miami.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rock For This Useful Post:

Trisnake (03-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Quick update on my planning:

Looked up proportional thermostats, HerpStat and Vivarium Electronics. I like both for an RHP, etc...

Spoke to Ed from Constrictors NW today. Good guy, we talked about what I have and plan to have, (2) 6 month old BPs and the incoming 2015 Bredli.

Seems like the best thing to do now is keep the new Bredli in a tub with a UTH and Tstat. After some growth, order a 4x2x2 from Ed.

Then decide if at the same time I want to add another 4x2x14 and split it for the balls. I could keep them there or eventually add another 4x2x14 or 4x2x12 so they each have their own. Of course, keeping the enclosures at 4 feet length allows me to stack them.

I also have the option to move the balls to a tub rack but I have a feeling the kids would like to always see them in an enclosure, even if they spend all day in hides.

How does this plan sound? Any suggestions? Thx.
    Ed is a great guy. All 3 of my cages are from him.

A two year old Bredli COULD go into a lifetime cage. I have a coastal that went into a 4 x 2 x 2 at 2 years old.

Your carpet will be an excellent display snake if set up properly. I use Herpstats and Vivarium Electronics stats. I like the Herpstats a bit more but it very close.

Here is my enclosure with an RHP in the upper left.

This snake is now closing in on 7 feet.

She loves the cage and uses both the terrestrial and arboreal areas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

rock (03-18-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Ed is a great guy. All 3 of my cages are from him.

A two year old Bredli COULD go into a lifetime cage. I have a coastal that went into a 4 x 2 x 2 at 2 years old.

Your carpet will be an excellent display snake if set up properly. I use Herpstats and Vivarium Electronics stats. I like the Herpstats a bit more but it very close.

Here is my enclosure with an RHP in the upper left.

This snake is now closing in on 7 feet.

She loves the cage and uses both the terrestrial and arboreal areas.
    Thank you, Gio! You have an excellent enclosure and exactly what I want. I will know the current size of my Bredli when he arrives next week but I am assuming he will need the next 6 months to grow a bit before he is comfortable in that size enclosure.

Just a semi-educated guess on my part but I believe he was born in the second half of 2015. The breeder said he is a couple feet long, still very much a juvenile at this point, hence the likely need for the temporary tub set up.

Do you have under tank heat or only the RHP? What size RHP? Any other electronic additions I should look at initially (Is that led clipped on to the RHP?)? Perches instead of ledge? Did Ed do the background? Thank you, sorry for all the questions.
    Last edited by rock; 03-17-2017 at 05:59 AM.
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

Thanks

Thank you, Gio! You have an excellent enclosure and exactly what I want. I will know the current size of my Bredli when he arrives next week but I am assuming he will need the next 6 months to grow a bit before he is comfortable in that size enclosure.

Just a semi-educated guess on my part but I believe he was born in the second half of 2015. The breeder said he is a couple feet long, still very much a juvenile at this point, hence the likely need for the temporary tub set up.

Do you have under tank heat or only the RHP? What size RHP? Any other electronic additions I should look at initially (Is that led clipped on to the RHP?)? Perches instead of ledge? Did Ed do the background? Thank you, sorry for all the questions.
    Hi,

RHP only. Its from Pro-Products. Bob will help you with the size. A lot is based on information you give him about the room, the temperature of the room, type of cage and the size of the cage.

Here is their link. http://pro-products.com

The background was ordered from Ed with the cage and it comes from this company.
    https://www.universalrocks.com/aquar...et/backgrounds

The LED is from this company, http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/fixtures/led/, and is mounted to the ceiling. I used a copper pipe bracket to mount it. The plastic mount provided was not sufficient to use.

I think my little girl was a year old or just under a year and I had her in a 48" x 24" x 14" cage to start with. I had perches, multiple hides plus top cover and ground cover. She seemed very at ease but a smaller starter tank or tub would be fine. It will give you time to shop and set up for a larger habitat.

I prefer perches to shelves. #1 I like the look, #2 The snake gets different levels to move about on and exercise on. A shelf is nice for extra space, but it negates having a background. That particular background is 3D and there are some areas that protrude into the cage several inches.

She uses those like a shelf along with the perches.

The perches are a mix of wood dowels wrapped with fake vines, and a couple of real tree branches.

It is possibly my favorite cage at least for display.

I would think a Bredli would look really nice up against a background like this one. It was over $200 though, but its tough as a tire.

My boa constrictor's cage is also very decked out. This background is more affordable and also flat.

Give yourself some time and see what angle you want to take for caging.

I can clean all of these in a very short time. The branches/perches pop out and I just pull the hides and change the substrate when needed.

The boa and retic cages are stacked here. Boa cage is 48" x 30" x 20" (bottom) Retic cage is 48" x 24" x 14" (top). The top cage will eventually go back to the royal and the retic will get a 72" x 30" x 24".

That will be a wrap as 4 snakes will be plenty. Well until I want a Bredli and Suriname BCC LOL!

I hope the pictures and links helped.
    Last edited by Gio; 03-17-2017 at 04:56 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

rock (03-17-2017)

Thanks

Gio, thank you for putting all the info here so I have a quick reference point. This really helped me figure out what I want and need.

Please forgive me if I end up copying the basics of your set up but it's truly a job well done!
    Last edited by rock; 03-17-2017 at 05:33 PM.
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rock For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-17-2017)

Thanks

Gio, thank you for putting all the info here so I have a quick reference point. This really helped me figure out what I want and need.

Please forgive me if I end up copying the basics of your set up but it's truly a job well done!
    I enjoy sharing ideas and certainly took some ideas from others. I change things here and there in these current cages. You can see in the carpet cage there floor branch was moved to horizontal position.

I will be excited to see how you finish up.

The snake you are getting is going to be beautiful, and you are planning far ahead for the final setup.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

rock (03-17-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I enjoy sharing ideas and certainly took some ideas from others. I change things here and there in these current cages. You can see in the carpet cage there floor branch was moved to horizontal position.

I will be excited to see how you finish up.

The snake you are getting is going to be beautiful, and you are planning far ahead for the final setup.
    Thank you again. You have been more helpful than you know.

In researching the last couple of days I really helped myself by not making some costly mistakes in buying some things that were not going to be right for me long-term. I saw your set up on other threads and started to realize that it was exactly where my research was directing towards.

Quality products and a straightforward set up that I can customize. I will likely go with white from Ed as the HPDE marine plastics he uses seem to hold up well to stains and it will work better with our home office.

Yes, I'm excited too! I'm hoping the Bredli is even more amazing in person. So far, I've only seen a baby JCP and IJ in person!
    0.1 Cavachon "Lola"
    0.1 Tabby Cat “Gato”
    0.2 Chickens
    1.0 Thoroughbred “Beau”
    0.1 Wife
    1.2 Kids

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rock For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-17-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast