Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,048

1 members and 3,047 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

View Poll Results: What is your favourite red ball python?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • HGW Mojave Pastel Yellowbelly

12 34.29%
  • Sunset

10 28.57%
  • Red Ball

13 37.14%
  • Other (Please post your answer)

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    i love the color on the Red Ball but agree that there is not enough contrast. it seems as if the colors are already bleeding upon hatching. i wonder if that is a symptom of the Albino gene or Black gene. usually i would say adding Enchi would clean it up, but Albino Enchi's tend to bleed a lot. Black Pastel Albino's are probably the cleanest Albino's and maybe adding Black Pastel would keep the lines cleaner, add contrast.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

cletus (03-09-2017)

Thanks

Re: Favourite red(ish) morph?

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i love the color on the Red Ball but agree that there is not enough contrast. it seems as if the colors are already bleeding upon hatching. i wonder if that is a symptom of the Albino gene or Black gene. usually i would say adding Enchi would clean it up, but Albino Enchi's tend to bleed a lot. Black Pastel Albino's are probably the cleanest Albino's and maybe adding Black Pastel would keep the lines cleaner, add contrast.
    I was thinking this too. A black pastel red ball would be wild.

Supposedly the black ball causes an overexpression of all the pigment molecules in the animal despite its black appearance. That's why the albino version is so red. That's what Micheal Freedman was saying anyway. If that's the case I'd love to put it into coral glow or even into sunset just to see if it makes those colour more vibrant.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    I really like when the reddish tones come out in the animals also. I am a sucker for contrast though. So the Mojave Pastel YB is the one that really suits my taste.

I understand why people like the Sunset, but I don't, not a lot of contrast going on. If I got involved with it honestly it would only be for the money. It does nothing for me personally.

This Red Ball thing I really don't like. Looks like a two year old got a hold of some orange water colors and smeared them on a normal albino.
    I agree to a degree. I didn't like the first picture that was posted (the one that in my OP was released after) because it looked like a bad photoshop job. The one in my OP intrigued me quite a bit though. The black all itself however does nothing for me so I really need to see some other combos before making my mind up about it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts

That's my biggest issue. It's a very pretty snake but I like contrast.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Of it remains like this it will be awesome, I am a fan of reddish, orange snakes so I guess we will have to see.

There has been many morph I was excited about as hatchling and then as they grew it was a let down so it all depends how it matures.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

kxr (03-09-2017),Lizardlicks (03-09-2017)

Thanks

Wow i had no idea about this albino black gene stuff thanks for sharing. I've never seen a ball python that red and all people wanna do is complain there isn't enough contrast.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

9. The Following User Says Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

meganmarkita15 (03-29-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    Wow i had no idea about this albino black gene stuff thanks for sharing. I've never seen a ball python that red and all people wanna do is complain there isn't enough contrast.
    it's all a matter of preference/personal taste. i would have the same criticism if that BP were green with all the colors still bleeding (instead of red). i like colors, i like contrast, i like cool patterns, i like flames and blushing on the right snakes.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (03-10-2017)

Thanks

it's all a matter of preference/personal taste. i would have the same criticism if that BP were green with all the colors still bleeding (instead of red). i like colors, i like contrast, i like cool patterns, i like flames and blushing on the right snakes.
    That's fine I'm ok with that i get it. I was at work and had to make a quick reply and in hindsight realized my comment came off kinda rude. I didn't really intend to make people seem nutty for knocking the contrast with the weird face emoji. The color red is pretty new in the world of ball pythons so when I see one and people want to knock the contrast I can't help but feel that way a bit. To me if i produced a Bp that glows like a light bulb and right out the gate people want say oh there's not enough contrast or that's not natural i don't like it. I'm sorry but id tell that person to get out of my house lol just joking of course. I'm just trying explain a little better heck I agree the albino black gene could use more contrast but when do people come to Bp.net to show off red ball pythons? Hardly ever so yes I think it was pretty amazing to see his. That's just my personal taste. I do respect you and every one who thinks it needs more contrast no hard feelings guys.
    Last edited by EDR; 03-11-2017 at 12:35 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks
    I love the color red and I'm excited to see more of it in ball pythons. They're all beautiful, but I have a thing for dark snakes, so if I had to pick one I'd have to go with the sunset. Blackballs sound like they'd be a great thing to add to my albino project later on down the road though, and I've been meaning to add some mojave too.

@kxr Thanks for the post! I'd never heard about hypermels until now.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

Thanks
    Its an amazing looking animal ! Time will tell how it maintains the color but its still an exciting gene combo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast