Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,135

1 members and 3,134 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Breeder Review: Fred Kick

I would buy from Justin Kobylka without a thought. While I haven't bought from him as I'm in Canada (and that makes it a little more complicated), I have comunicated with him in the past. While I didn't want to bug him about an animal that wasn't his, I asked if he'd mind helping me as I knew that his expertise was perfect for my question.

Justin was extremely kind and agreed to help without flinching (and really saved me at the end of the day).

From my own experience, hearing other people's very high opinions about him, and watching and reading videos and articles that he's contributed to the community, you wouldn't be disappointed. The quality of his animals are up at the top as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Creepy Alien View Post
    I would buy from Justin Kobylka without a thought. While I haven't bought from him as I'm in Canada (and that makes it a little more complicated), I have comunicated with him in the past. While I didn't want to bug him about an animal that wasn't his, I asked if he'd mind helping me as I knew that his expertise was perfect for my question.

Justin was extremely kind and agreed to help without flinching (and really saved me at the end of the day).

From my own experience, hearing other people's very high opinions about him, and watching and reading videos and articles that he's contributed to the community, you wouldn't be disappointed. The quality of his animals are up at the top as well.
    I would too. Aside from having a stellar reputation, he produces some ridiculous animals.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Breeder Review: Fred Kick

I just went through about 20 threads threads over on the boi for this Fred kick guys multiple stores/co owner whatever they are. And just wow how does a guy like this even stay in business period? I had to stop reading (and not just because I got tired of waiting 2 minutes for each page to load lol) he's got a very few good things on there I seen but I bet you 90% of the threads I read in order by date were bad. I wouldn't even chance it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BBotteron; 03-07-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    1.0 pastel 100% het piebald
    0.1 pastel enchi 100% het clown

Thanks

That's really unfortunate. I've been looking at his static project and thought there was quite a bit of potential there. I guess that's why not many combos have been made?

Hopefully someday someone else will take the risk and purchase some static stuff and maybe then I'll buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I know this thread is old, but I wanted to add that I have purchased one BP from him.. 4 years ago I purchased a pastave female from him at a reptile show. He sexed her for me in person at the show (to prove that it was a female) and she has been healthy and didn't have issues... so I guess it is buy at your own risk and maybe only if you can see / purchase in person.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Well I will let you all know how things go. I won a Pastel HRA from the Renick Auction a month and a half ago. I have had him a month and he hasn't eaten yet. He is 600g so not worried yet but we shall see if he continues to refuse. He seems healthy and has no issues so far. Its crazy cause it is the only snake that I have that did not come from Garrick DeMeyer, TGR, Mike Wilbanks or Randy Foster and hasn't eaten.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
    Well I will let you all know how things go. I won a Pastel HRA from the Renick Auction a month and a half ago. I have had him a month and he hasn't eaten yet. He is 600g so not worried yet but we shall see if he continues to refuse. He seems healthy and has no issues so far. Its crazy cause it is the only snake that I have that did not come from Garrick DeMeyer, TGR, Mike Wilbanks or Randy Foster and hasn't eaten.
    I cannot attest one way or another to the breeder outside of what I have heard, but 600 gram males that suddenly don't care about eating is not unusual in my experience. I have a male from one of the breeders you mentioned that averages about once a month. He is perfectly healthy, he just does not want to be a big boy.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Thanks

I know this thread is old but I wanted to share my story about Fred Kicks. I met him at a reptile show and I wanted to buy a Angentine Black and White Tagu baby he was selling. The tank was marked as "Black and White Tagu". I asked if that was an Argentine and he said yes. We talked for a few more minutes before I bought it and took it home. Turns out it was a Columbian Black Tagu, not an Angentine even though he said it was (it was a gift for my husband so I personally don't know much about tagus). We contacted him and he told us buyer beware and he had actually said it was a Columbian Black and White Tagu and I must have misunderstood. I know he said Angentine, I don't know much about them but I do know what my husband wanted. He was very unprofessional and kept calling me a liar before telling us that we had no proof that it was bought as an Argentine. He even said that my husband should have been the one to ask since I don't know what I'm doing. I couldn't believe how openly sexist he was and just how horrible of a person he is. I ended up paying three times what a Columbian is worth and unfortunately the animal was not in good health so there were additional costs for vet care on top of that. I would strongly recommend that people not buy from him if they are looking to get a tagu, I just wish I knew then what I know now about him.

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Met Fred Kick at an expo. He asked what I was looking for: I mentioned ball pythons with the VPI Axanthic trait and he became irate and told me that his TSK line of Axanthic was better. I said nothing and just smiled. I tried to change the topic to look at his snakes, but, he kept getting more and more 'worked up'. Maybe I hit a nerve...My gf pulled at my hand to leave. I never got a good look at his snakes before we retreated.

I do know a lot of breeders underfeed their ball pythons to keep them small-I find that usually stunts their growth/size in the long run-I did get that impression by the ones I saw briefly-but that is common in the trade-so no big deal.
    *.* TNTC

Thanks
    I have gotten all of my ball pythons from him as I live less than an hour away from him. He always seemed nice, and the quality of his snakes have been excellent, however, 2 of the 4 came with a small number of mites, so that's something to keep in mind. Also, don't get me started on the cleanliness of his shop.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12