Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,745

2 members and 2,743 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Exclamation Help : my ball python have many problems

my ball python having blood under scales and she refusing the food for more than 2 months and recently she had a weird small ball on her back
    Help please
    im from egypt and we dont have any reptiles vet and i dont have thermometer or hygrometer im using a regular bulb for heating

and somthing like blood under her eye cap

Thanks
    Not an expert, and I don't know anything about the ball that you described, but there are several things that you need to correct too.

Someone will need to chime in regarding the health problems, because I have the intention of immediately rushing my royal straight to an emergency vet visit should anything that could harm the integrity of his health crop up.

Sounds to me that it could either be a burn or mites that are causing the blood/markings, and I have no clue about the blood under the eye caps.

You should have NEVER got any pet without being equipped sufficiently with husbandry and a reptile/relevantly trained vet. You need a method of measuring temperature and humidity, and I don't see you mentioning a thermostat either.

Hoping somebody can chime in quickly regarding the health issues...

Are you positive that you cannot find a vet?
    Streller
    1.0 Normal - Poseidon - Adult
    0.1 Lesser YB - Amphitrite - Adult

Thanks
    yes there is no vets for reptiles here i dont even know any ball python owner in my city

Thanks
    i dont think you should've gotten a pet with technical requirements if you literally cant meet any of them.

Thanks
    i had her for a year now and she was just fine and very good eater i dont know what happend

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    While NO ONE can diagnose a animal online or even replace a vet, more details would really help.

What did you feed when the animal was feeding?

How do you keep your BP which, where is that bulb (inside or outside the enclosure) size of the enclosure, hides offered (are they snug), substrate used, how often the animal is being handled.

Keeping snake is not a guess you MUST know the tempertures, anyone can buy a temperture gun of ebay or online retailer like AlibExpress that ships worldwide.

What I see can be anything from abscess on the back (since you describe this as a ball) to burn on it's side.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 03-05-2017 at 12:12 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    The red marks could be the beginnings of a thermal burn which would be caused by temps being too high. The best thing you could do here is go full disclosure and show us the setup at the very least, we might be able to see at a glance anything that looks really wrong.

Belly burn (assuming it is that) screams to me non-thermostatted heatmat. A better photo of the belly might be in order as well, to identify if it is that.

Best of luck and just remember we're not here to chastise you, we're posting because we're trying to give you the best possible advice for the good of the animal; it is nothing personal.

Thanks
    Looks like fresh scale rot.
    Ball Pythons 1.1 Lesser, Pastel
    1.0 Lesser Pastel, 0.0.7 mixed babies

Thanks
    A regular bulb does not get hot enough to heat a BP enclosure to the temps it needs to be. BP's are extremely sensitive to temps. You have no thermometer or hydrometer to even see what its temps are. (And they are guaranteed crappy because you don't use a real heat source. And I know this because you also don't even mention having the most basic thing; an under tank heater.) You do not have reptile vets where you live. Most animals need a vet visit at least once in its entire life and for something that can live to be 20 years old, definitely more than 3.

This can possibly be a burn from the bulb, which since you don't even meet basic care requirements, I wouldn't be surprised you put IN the enclosure, exposed, without even a wire cage around it to keep the snake from direct contact of it. BPs climb sometimes. The problem with its eye, since temps are very likely wrong, is that it may have a retained eye cap (which you even called a cap) that may be squeezing the poor thing's eye and causing very light bleeding.

There isn't a lot a forum board can tell you, except hearsay. You need a vet. Need one. Period. Even if we correctly guess what is wrong, it still needs proper official diagnosing, and medication from a verified vet.And that's not a "if we're right" scenario. That's as it is, right now, where this snake's health currently is.

If you don't have vets for this type of animal, then don't get this type of animal.
    0.1 Snow Corn (Ghost) |♦| 0.1 Pastel/Pie Ball (Vespa)