Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,244

2 members and 3,242 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: Pheasant

Quote Originally Posted by Bcycling View Post
    I hunt every weekend, or I should say my dogs do. They work as guide dogs for pheasant hunting. Actually they have over 1000 birds shot over them. I love watching a dog work a field. That's the part I love to see
    Fun! I have been looking into getting a pair of good bird hunters for a while, but for now my poodle mutt will have to do. What breed do you use?

Thanks
    I know this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I was wondering if anyone has turkey hunting advice? I'm going to Kentucky with a buddy next year for a spring hunt, but I don't have the gear yet and was wondering exactly what I needed other than the full camo and calls. Thanks

Thanks
    I just got my hunting license a month ago ! It's something i've always wanted to do since i love both the outdoors and cooking. Looking to buy my fist hunting rifle soon but still researching. I want a rifle that can take down anything i may hunt in the future so im probably going to get a 308. i like the rugger predator. l i need to put meat in the freezer for this next winter.

Thanks

Re: Hunting and Fishing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheBP View Post
    I know this thread hasn't been active for a while, but I was wondering if anyone has turkey hunting advice? I'm going to Kentucky with a buddy next year for a spring hunt, but I don't have the gear yet and was wondering exactly what I needed other than the full camo and calls. Thanks
    Buy your calls earlier than whn U plan on using them, practise practise practise.. just bc U buy a call doesnt mean itll work well for U unless U kno what sounds it suppose to make w it... there are many kinds of calls.... weapon of your choice... and whatever supplies U will need for your trip. Also, be aware, turkeys roost in trees. Alot of ppl dont know this. They are not always on the ground. They feed aftr sun comes up.. through out day.. back to the trees at night.. b out 330 am waiting for them.. u can locate thm w a hoot owl call at night.. post up within 100 yrs..wait for a.m.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
    Buy your calls earlier than whn U plan on using them, practise practise practise.. just bc U buy a call doesnt mean itll work well for U unless U kno what sounds it suppose to make w it... there are many kinds of calls.... weapon of your choice... and whatever supplies U will need for your trip. Also, be aware, turkeys roost in trees. Alot of ppl dont know this. They are not always on the ground. They feed aftr sun comes up.. through out day.. back to the trees at night.. b out 330 am waiting for them.. u can locate thm w a hoot owl call at night.. post up within 100 yrs..wait for a.m.

Thanks, I will work with mine. Do you suggest wearing a camo face and shoe covers? I've heard that turkeys are very sensitive to color and movement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ba11er View Post
    I just got my hunting license a month ago ! It's something i've always wanted to do since i love both the outdoors and cooking. Looking to buy my fist hunting rifle soon but still researching. I want a rifle that can take down anything i may hunt in the future so im probably going to get a 308. i like the rugger predator. l i need to put meat in the freezer for this next winter.
    Thats awesome! I'm taking a hunter safety course refresher and even that's exciting for me.

Thanks

[QUOTE=FlynnTheBP;2530133]Thanks, I will work with mine. Do you suggest wearing a camo face and shoe covers? I've heard that turkeys are very sensitive to color and movement.

- - - Updated - - -

I have seen plenty who didnt use either and were successful in getting turkey. Not really sure abt them being sensitive to color.. I have hunted in pink camo w a pink camo bow and nvr had an issue.. personally, I thnk its movement and sound that gets their attention.

Last edited by Jeanne; 05-03-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    I got my first buck this year. Also was my first deer with a compound bow.

also got my first deer (a doe), did that with a crossbow, and then my third with the shotgun. (also a doe).

second year hunting and I think I did great.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Normal Het Orange Ghost Ball Python
    0.1 Mojave Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Het Caramel Ball python
    0.1 Spotted Python
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    I got my first buck this year. Also was my first deer with a compound bow.

also got my first deer (a doe), did that with a crossbow, and then my third with the shotgun. (also a doe).

second year hunting and I think I did great.
    Beautiful buck! Where were you hunting?
    Last edited by FlynnTheBP; 05-03-2017 at 11:00 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FlynnTheBP For This Useful Post:

tcutting (05-03-2017)

Thanks

[QUOTE=Jeanne;2530144]
    Thanks, I will work with mine. Do you suggest wearing a camo face and shoe covers? I've heard that turkeys are very sensitive to color and movement.

- - - Updated - - -

I have seen plenty who didnt use either and were successful in getting turkey. Not really sure abt them being sensitive to color.. I have hunted in pink camo w a pink camo bow and nvr had an issue.. personally, I thnk its movement and sound that gets their attention.

Cool, thanks. I think I'll just go with the more basic camo outfit then.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FlynnTheBP For This Useful Post:

Jeanne (05-04-2017)

Thanks

Beautiful buck! Where were you hunting?
    about 30minutes from my house. Eastern PA. The first deer ever, the doe, was in my backyard. I have 2acres of which there is enough woods for me to setup on the deer trail.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Normal Het Orange Ghost Ball Python
    0.1 Mojave Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Ball python
    0.1 Orange Ghost Het Caramel Ball python
    0.1 Spotted Python
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345