Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,184

2 members and 3,182 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Re: Animal Rights Groups Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheBP View Post
    Poor thing was an albino. He stuck out like a sore thumb.
    You are right then, probably done for. Albino's are found in the wild but there is a reason this wasn't selected as the primary coloration in nature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    You are right then, probably done for. Albino's are found in the wild but there is a reason this wasn't selected as the primary coloration in nature.
    Ugh I know. Wish you guys were right and he could have survived. I know their non-native here, not condoning releasing any snakes or anything, just too bad. The little baby was so sweet.

Thanks
    We get a significant number of rabbits turned in at my shelter as strays; it astonishes me how many people think you can just dump a domesticated pet rabbit into the yard to-- what? Hang out with the cottontails? Idiots.

I myself brought in a trio of stray Peking ducks that someone had dumped in my neighborhood park, before I started working here. They were coming into their adult plumage and all three were bright white. They ran right for the dog carrier when I got it out of the car and put it in front of them. Poor things wouldn't have survived the night.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nellasaur View Post
    We get a significant number of rabbits turned in at my shelter as strays; it astonishes me how many people think you can just dump a domesticated pet rabbit into the yard to-- what? Hang out with the cottontails? Idiots.

I myself brought in a trio of stray Peking ducks that someone had dumped in my neighborhood park, before I started working here. They were coming into their adult plumage and all three were bright white. They ran right for the dog carrier when I got it out of the car and put it in front of them. Poor things wouldn't have survived the night.
    Aww, and Pekings are the sweetest little guys. My runners are so flighty. Cottontail rabbits might as well be a different species compared to pet rabbits. They have completely different survival instincts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheBP View Post
    Aww, and Pekings are the sweetest little guys. My runners are so flighty. Cottontail rabbits might as well be a different species compared to pet rabbits. They have completely different survival instincts.
    They actually are a different species! Different genus, in fact. Domestic rabbits are in the genus Oryctolagus, a European rabbit genus, where American cottontails are in the genus Sylvilagus.

~The more you know~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nellasaur View Post
    They actually are a different species! Different genus, in fact. Domestic rabbits are in the genus Oryctolagus, a European rabbit genus, where American cottontails are in the genus Sylvilagus.

~The more you know~
    That's very interesting! I learn something new every day. Thanks! Now I can use that argument.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345