Hey guys,
I thought I would share my first snake rack build with you guys. It is a 9 (+1), 28 qt. melamine rack with 6" THG heat tape. The "+1" is because I decided to run heat tape across the top as well, just in case I need the real estate. Perhaps for a couple small hatchling tubs or another 28 qt. tub with lid(s) or something. For the backing, I decided to use a nice thin piece of 1/8" panel board, which is used on bathroom walls, etc. That works out really nice, because it's laminated, so it will stand up to humidity + it's laminated, so I didn't have to paint it or anything. And, not to mention, it's lightweight. This thing already weighs a TON! I do sorta wish I would have just made it a legit 10 tub rack, though...

For my thermostat, I decided to go with a Vivarium Electronics VE-100, which i'm sure you're all familiar with. It will run up to 700 watts and allows you to program day time and night time temperatures.

My first 3 tenants will be delivered by 10:30 am tomorrow morning. So, right now, I just have everything running and i'm trying to get my temperatures regulated before they arrive. My first 3 are a pair of Sumatran Short Tails (both chrome heads) and a female Matrix Het T+ Albino Blood Python. I'm sooo excited! By the way, I need a boyfriend for the Matrix! If anyone has one available, please be sure to let me know!

Feel free to let me know what you think of the build and if anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask!

~ Aedryan