Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,799

1 members and 2,798 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered User Kevin Djuvfeldt's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My baby Burmese wont eat

Quote Originally Posted by FlynnTheBP View Post
    Also, what kind of vivarium does that boa constrictor have?
    here is to terarium/vivarium for my Boa its 80x40x40

http://imgur.com/a/gaDEK

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BPGator View Post
    Kevin - you sure that's not a corn snake (just kidding! couldn't resist)

In all seriousness, make sure you check out this care sheet for taking care of your new snake:

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...rus-bivittatus)

I'm not familiar with the needs of Burmese, but most snakes when they're so young are food in the wild, so they like a lot of hiding spots and not open area. Also, don't try to feed him so often --- trying once per week is sufficient. If he's stressed and needs time to settle, attempting to feed too often will only compound the stress. Also, he may have been fed live mice/rats previously, so offering frozen/thawed (if that's what you're doing) may be foreign to him.

Any luck finding a girlfriend?
    Thx. Im try to ask a girl out im not an expert so will see how it goes, Im 19 and i have never even kissed a girl .

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BPGator View Post
    Kevin - you sure that's not a corn snake (just kidding! couldn't resist)

In all seriousness, make sure you check out this care sheet for taking care of your new snake:

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...rus-bivittatus)

I'm not familiar with the needs of Burmese, but most snakes when they're so young are food in the wild, so they like a lot of hiding spots and not open area. Also, don't try to feed him so often --- trying once per week is sufficient. If he's stressed and needs time to settle, attempting to feed too often will only compound the stress. Also, he may have been fed live mice/rats previously, so offering frozen/thawed (if that's what you're doing) may be foreign to him.

Any luck finding a girlfriend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Djuvfeldt View Post
    Thx. Im try to ask a girl out im not an expert so will see how it goes, Im 19 and i have never even kissed a girl .
    girls really like it when you're responsible and take really good care of your animals. learn more about how to care for your new Burm baby with this care sheet here: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...us-bivittatus)
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (03-01-2017),C.Marie (06-04-2017),cletus (03-01-2017),Eric Alan (03-01-2017),FlynnTheBP (03-01-2017),Kira (03-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (03-01-2017),redshepherd (03-01-2017),tttaylorrr (03-01-2017)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

here is to terarium/vivarium for my Boa its 80x40x40

http://imgur.com/a/gaDEK
    Hey Bro where are you located? I see the size of your enclosure listed as 80x40x40 but It cant be inches as its on a desk hahahha. I love my burm and it was 3 months when i got him.. But 3 feet verses 18 feet is another ball game. They can really hurt you and as they get bigger even though mine is very docile there are times he thinks he is the Boss and does not want to go back into his enclosure. Luckily he would rather back down from me and he has always been a wonderful calm snake.. But none the less he could kill my Dogs or even a child easily.
    I don't know what your living situation is, but Life changes fast at 19 years old. You would be better off with a snake like your Boa who will never have the chance to be 15 feet +. Where you live and how you support yourself will effect this Beauty. Please think about that incase there is a chance you can trade him asap for a smaller Python (Ball/Children's/Blood Python) before you cant find a home for this Gentle Giant in the future. They suffer not us.
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (03-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sully View Post
    Hey Bro where are you located? I see the size of your enclosure listed as 80x40x40 but It cant be inches as its on a desk hahahha. I love my burm and it was 3 months when i got him.. But 3 feet verses 18 feet is another ball game. They can really hurt you and as they get bigger even though mine is very docile there are times he thinks he is the Boss and does not want to go back into his enclosure. Luckily he would rather back down from me and he has always been a wonderful calm snake.. But none the less he could kill my Dogs or even a child easily.
    I don't know what your living situation is, but Life changes fast at 19 years old. You would be better off with a snake like your Boa who will never have the chance to be 15 feet +. Where you live and how you support yourself will effect this Beauty. Please think about that incase there is a chance you can trade him asap for a smaller Python (Ball/Children's/Blood Python) before you cant find a home for this Gentle Giant in the future. They suffer not us.

I live in sweden and we use metrix system and I will allways Priorotize my reptiles first.

Thanks

I live in sweden and we use metrix system and I will allways Priorotize my reptiles first.
    Lucky, you don't have common core math!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (03-01-2017)

Thanks
    80x40x40 roughly converts to 36x15x15, which is way to small for that boa...
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks

Smile Re: My baby Burmese wont eat

Quote Originally Posted by jclaiborne View Post
    80x40x40 roughly converts to 36x15x15, which is way to small for that boa...
    he has lots of space atm it can fully stretch and move around when she gets older i will get a bigger but for now it works its a sonoran dwarf boa btw

Thanks

Hey, I know the question wasn't directed towards me, but I would say that your snake could easily take small adult mice. Just my opinion based on the snake's size. Good luck!

Thanks

Don't worry too much about that, you have plenty of time. Girls always like guys who care about their pets, and you obviously do. Good luck with your snakes and finding a girlfriend.
    Last edited by FlynnTheBP; 03-01-2017 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Grammar

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast