Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,097

0 members and 3,097 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Northern Sumatran size?

I've got myself convinced that my little short tail isn't a borneo like she was originally labelled as. I could never find any borneo that looks even similar to her. I came across some orange headed northern sumatrans at an expo a couple of months ago and she looked identical to similar sized babies. I've done a bunch more looking and she looks almost exactly like the picture on VPIs website. I've checked the head scale diagrams and from what I could see she aligns more with the Sumatran pattern than the borneo, though not quite exactly the same.

But a description under the picture that she looks like, they say that variety of sumatrans rarely exceed 3 feet. Is that really all the larger they get? I love her looks and attitude. But in a bit disappointed that's all the larger she might get. I've been looking forward to her reaching about 5 feet and thick in a few years. If she's what I'm sure she is, Atleast she'll be a thick and curvy shorty.

I want to post some pictures but for some reason I can't get tapatalk to load the pictures anymore. So if someone is interested in some more pictures for better identification, PM me and I can email you the pictures.

Thanks ,
    Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    Sumatrans are supposed to stay smaller but I would still expect over 3'. My male sstp is about 4 feet and will be four this year.

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus