Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 784

1 members and 783 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

New, black-eyed crestie

Circle of life is weird somedays. In the morning I found my 9 years old snake dead and I was really shaken badly by it. Yet, the same day I lost one of my pets I also got a one new, so it's all weirdly good and sad at the same time.

Meet my new beloved crestie, he's really beautiful (on the pics he was fired down/in partial fire up) and soo sweet and gentle, just walked on my hand like there is no hurry in the world <3 It's soo different than my adopted boy who hates me with passion.

Sorry that some pics are a little blurry, the light was rather bad. Also, any ideas on a name?

(Tried to do a good pics of his amazing black metallic eyes, but it's not that easy, haha! So I posted one from his breeder page for you to see. And yes, he was born with them, he is now around 14grams, so still a very young boy)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-15-2018),Prognathodon (02-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: New, black-eyed crestie

Those eyes are gorgeous.

Perhaps a name that references then somehow? Like Pebble or Obsidian?
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks
    Oh he's handsome, congratulations! Those eyes are something else!!

Thanks
    Thank you! Since I had little accident with spraying bottle and needed to change the paper towels in his bin I taked the chance to handle him for few minutes and taked some pics! He again was soo calm, walking around and checking everything.

Here are pics of Zoltan, that turned out really professinal without me trying for it, haha!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-15-2018),Nellasaur (03-02-2017),Prognathodon (03-02-2017),Reptimom (03-02-2017)

Thanks
    His eyes started to brighten a little, so I'm not sure how they will look in a few months. I'm also super mad at myself because it turned out today that my husbands phone camera is great for macro shots, and it's now too late to get a good macro pics of his black-black eyes.

These are from today, you can see that right eye is still darker, while the left has a lot of brigter "marbling":

Pic from March:

And from late February:
    0.1 Elaphe schrenckii, 0.1 Python regius, 1.0 Pantherophis guttatus, 2.0 R. ciliatus, 0.1 Pogona vitticeps, 1.0 Mauremys reevesii, 1.1 dogs

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-15-2018)

Thanks
    Did some new pics today, but this time it's just the general body and color, not eyes

0.1 Elaphe schrenckii, 0.1 Python regius, 1.0 Pantherophis guttatus, 2.0 R. ciliatus, 0.1 Pogona vitticeps, 1.0 Mauremys reevesii, 1.1 dogs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-15-2018)

Thanks
    Did some update pics of Zoltan during cleaning. As you can see his tail is slightly wavy, I hope that since it's a little over a month sine I noticed it and started giving him extra calcium with his Repashy it won't get any worse. I'm observing him closely and doing pics once a month to make sure it stays like this, if the extra calcium will not be enough and the tail will get even slightly worse then we'll go to the vet.

I'm still mad at myself for letting this happen, but I certainly learned my lesson and all our geckos/lizards are now watched closely (and supplemented with each feeding practically, depends on species). Especially as our big beardie male developed some slight underbite due to very big growth spurts (even though he was getting lots of calcium with each feeding it was still not enough). I sometimes feel like lizards are soo much harder to care than snakes... But at the same time more rewarding too <3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-15-2018)

Thanks

Wow he's absolutely beautiful. I adore his eyes, I hope he gets to feeling better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

Sylphie (08-09-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Since it is only in that one spot, it almost looks like he might have gotten his tail pinched in something. Any sign of floppy tail syndrome? Doesn't look like it from the photos.

He is a stunning boy.
    - Emily

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Sylphie (08-09-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    Since it is only in that one spot, it almost looks like he might have gotten his tail pinched in something. Any sign of floppy tail syndrome? Doesn't look like it from the photos.

He is a stunning boy.

Thank you!

It was my fault, with looking for a new house and some personal issues I didn't had enough time to properly check on all our reptiles... And we couldn't find Repashy/Pangea so both he and another crestie were getting mostly insects and some fruit "shakes" I mixed for them for a month. It would be okay if I had remembered to supplement that with calcium more often, but with all the other issues going on I only dusted once in a while and hadn't realised that without cgd they are not getting enough calcium. After a month I noticed that both males got their tails slightly wavy, so I started giving them extra calcium asap and learned my lesson

Since both of them don't have any other symptoms I'm sure it was calcium related. Shows that even more experienced owners can do stupid mistakes.
    Last edited by Sylphie; 08-09-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast