Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,758

5 members and 2,753 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

Thread: Restless King

Thanks

Restless King

My King has just been going nuts over the past week and a half. She (I think it is a she. That is what I was told when I adopted her.) is now about 2 years old. She is much more active than usual and trying to get out. Normally she is pretty content and hangs out in her tunnels and mostly gets restless when she is hungry. I just fed her a couple of days ago, and it didn't make a difference. I let her out to move around but she is still restless. She is in a 30 gallon. She is eating normally, shedding normally, completely healthy. Is it mating season and she is looking for a buddy or could there by a problem? Thanks for any advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Restless King

Nice! Congrats on the kingsnake. What type is she? How are you providing heat and humidity? What substrate? Also, what are you feeding her and is it proportional to her weight. Usually, a wandering snake is a hungry snake. She certainly could be in breeding mode at 2 years old. Have you cooled or cycled her? How much does she weigh if you know?
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks

She is a lavender king. Not sure how much she weighs. I use and UTH with her. She has aspen. She usually loves to hang on the bottom and digs her holes. I give her enough to dig through. She eats large mice. I will offer her more than one, but she usually just shrugs it off. She should be a bit over 2. Not sure what cycling means but I did turn down her temp just to be sure it wasn't too hot or something. I usually keep it around 90, which has always made her happy. She is right next to me in my office and is driving me nuts with the sound. I'm going to feed her again today and see if that helps. I figured it was hungry, but I fed her and then a day later she was at it again. I get distracted with school work or I'd let her wonder right now, but I know I'll forget she is out and lose her.

Thanks
    Oh, and she has been constantly secreting a white substance. I mean on a very regular basis. Not a normal poop/pee amount.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahSnake View Post
    She is a lavender king. Not sure how much she weighs. I use and UTH with her. She has aspen. She usually loves to hang on the bottom and digs her holes. I give her enough to dig through. She eats large mice. I will offer her more than one, but she usually just shrugs it off. She should be a bit over 2. Not sure what cycling means but I did turn down her temp just to be sure it wasn't too hot or something. I usually keep it around 90, which has always made her happy. She is right next to me in my office and is driving me nuts with the sound. I'm going to feed her again today and see if that helps. I figured it was hungry, but I fed her and then a day later she was at it again. I get distracted with school work or I'd let her wonder right now, but I know I'll forget she is out and lose her.
    90 is too hot for a cal king.