Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,974

1 members and 2,973 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Look at that face. I love their faces. BPs look like puppies. Retics remind me of teenagers for some reason...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Gerald Super Dwarf Ultra Ivory Retic Progression

Quote Originally Posted by DLena View Post
    Look at that face. I love their faces. BPs look like puppies. Retics remind me of teenagers for some reason...
    They act like it too. Caesar had a massive tantrum last night either because he was hungry or because i closed his cage door as he learned how to hold onto the litter dam with his tail and slide down the cage stack to the floor and go wandering. He spent the night shoving his hides around, shoving the water bowl all over and pushing aspen into piles. I could hear the hides scraping across the cage floor as he was shoving them around lol......pretty much all night long
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Gerald might be the filthiest snake ever. Any time he drops a deuce if I don't notice and clean it within a couple minutes he manages to crawl all through it, mash it into his hides, smear it on the door and cage walls and all over himself. Gross. I've had to clean poop off of this animal probably 5 times since I got him. Good thing he's well mannered otherwise. A little flighty but otherwise calm when being handled. I think he's going to go into shed in the next week or so again. Getting a little pink on his belly. Obligatory picture of my little poo painter haha
    He and Phyllis are definitely going to have more minimal and easily cleaned/disinfected cages once Gerald gets moved to the T8 and Phyllis is in her T25. Should be done in a couple weeks! Love retics but man... so much more high maintenance in terms of cleaning. Good thing they're full of awesome personality lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (02-23-2018),Gio (06-17-2017),Sauzo (06-17-2017)

Thanks
    Hahaha welcome to my world. Rosey did that a long time ago. She took a poop while i was sleeping i guess and i woke up to all the walls, the plexi door and even the celing painted in poo. She also had a white urate stripe going down her head which i have no idea how she did lol. It took hours to clean even in my minimal setups. For a while after that, i was calling her Ms. Poocasso

I'm lucky in that no one else including Caesar does that. He did get a smudge of poop on his face so i had to wipe it off which he wasnt happy with. So i had to hold him firm and wipe his face. He must have thought he did something wrong because the minute i left him go, he just laid down on the cage floor like he was scolded or something like a puppy who pee'd the floor. After i pet him, he went back to normal.

So you got the T25? Why the heck no pics man!!!??? Holding out on us?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

The Poopinater strikes again!
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-17-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Hahaha welcome to my world. Rosey did that a long time ago. She took a poop while i was sleeping i guess and i woke up to all the walls, the plexi door and even the celing painted in poo. She also had a white urate stripe going down her head which i have no idea how she did lol. It took hours to clean even in my minimal setups. For a while after that, i was calling her Ms. Poocasso

I'm lucky in that no one else including Caesar does that. He did get a smudge of poop on his face so i had to wipe it off which he wasnt happy with. So i had to hold him firm and wipe his face. He must have thought he did something wrong because the minute i left him go, he just laid down on the cage floor like he was scolded or something like a puppy who pee'd the floor. After i pet him, he went back to normal.

So you got the T25? Why the heck no pics man!!!??? Holding out on us?
    Lol T25 isn't done yet. Definitely will post pics once it's assembled and inhabited. Probably won't be done until late June-early July which presents a slight dilemma... I'm moving at the end of July and not sure if I want to hold off a bit and build it once I'm moved or go ahead and set it up and have Phyllis in it for a couple weeks before packing the truck. Just want to minimize stress on the critters during the move and kinda concerned that putting two snakes in new cages for a couple weeks and then moving them as soon as they're settled would be a bit much all at once. Everyone will probably be in temporary plastic tubs for a couple days while packing the moving truck and getting into a new apartment too. If you were in my shoes would you just switch everyone to their new cages for a bit before moving or hold it off until relocated?

Thanks
    If you are moving in 2 weeks, i personally would just hold off. Not like 14 days in the old cages is going to change anything anyways as far as the snakes. But for your moving, much easier to move an already packed cage than to try and move a fully assembled cage especially a 6 foot one lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-17-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    If you are moving in 2 weeks, i personally would just hold off. Not like 14 days in the old cages is going to change anything anyways as far as the snakes. But for your moving, much easier to move an already packed cage than to try and move a fully assembled cage especially a 6 foot one lol.
    Those are pretty much the same thoughts I was having. I'm not moving until the end of July but didn't want to put animals in new cages for long enough to settle in and then immediately move them to tubs and back to cages within a few days.
    Moving a packed, flat T25 would be easier than when it's assembled for sure. But that presents my next dilemma... I could build it now and let the sealant cure and then it's ready to go when I'm done moving, or I could move it flat and then have to assemble it and have to let it cure for 3-5 days before I can put Phyllis in it. Hmmmmm.... haha! I may just build it up and then get snakes in their new cages as soon as I'm relocated. As much as that would be harder to move it would be less hassle and wait time getting the stack of cages back in order in a new apartment. I tend to over analyze logistical things like this when moving

Thanks
    Lol, i would leave it packed up. Just make sure the glass isnt broken and no damage and then just assemble and cure at the new place if it was me.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-18-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I would keep it packed until the move. It's safer that way. Unless... an you get into the apartment a little early? You could get it over there, built and curing before the big move.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast