Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,414

1 members and 2,413 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Mouth rot, scales question,need to vent but mite free!

After my last post, my carpet seems to be mite free (keeping up the cleaning to make sure any hidden eggs don't hatch & re populate ). Which is good news, except from the fact I'm the 18th I noticed he was drooling a fair bit and heard the dreaded clicking sound, got him the soonest appointment which was yesterday. Arrived to find out my poor guy has mouth rot, the pus is coming out from his jaw and the vet thinks it started well before we got him (1.5 months ago) and had 'hidden' the symptoms for a while. Can't help but wonder if the previous owner knew about this, he didn't seem to be kept very well before hand. Sorry, just wanted a little place to vent.

Now for the Q which is probably something simple, but when giving him his treatments, scale shed started flaking off in my hand, not joined together but just separate scales. He shed 19/1/17 here and was a complete one piece, I still have it here lol. Would this be something as simple as older shed, anything to do with mites? Thanks as always
    Last edited by montymiow; 02-22-2017 at 05:08 PM.
    1.0 Normal Royal Python
    0.1 Unknown Morph Royal
    0.1 Coastal Carpet Python
    0.1 Cat
    0.1 Dog ~ Bullmastif
    0.1 Boyfriend