Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 522

0 members and 522 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Gene finally has a thread!

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I'd go directly through spyder robotics. Same price as the other suppliers and they're the ones that make the dang things haha. I'm still tempted to haggle with Sauzo on a used price for his (soon to be) spare herpstat 2 but the perfectionist artist in me wants a redline model so it matches the redline 2 that I already have hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol I hear ya. Up to you though. If you don't need/want it, I have no fear I can sell it locally haha. Wish the Herpstat 6 came in redline
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Gene finally has a thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Lol I hear ya. Up to you though. If you don't need/want it, I have no fear I can sell it locally haha. Wish the Herpstat 6 came in redline
    lol I'll think about it for sure. I don't need it right away but I'd rather have a herpstat than the jumpstart that I have running Gerald's cage, especially once I get Phyllis a new t13 or t25 and move Gerald into her T8. I'll keep the jumpstart as a backup or use it to control my room radiator on the lower power setting during colder months. I really wish they made everything in the redline model as well
    (Sorry for derailing your thread a bit stearns! )
    Last edited by jmcrook; 03-22-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks
    Haha me too. I like the Redline with the black cages. I thought about maybe waiting also for Herpstat 6 redline but I doubt they will do it as they still haven't done a herpstat 4 in redline

Thanks

Tina shed and pooped tonight, surprisingly skipped her small rat. I didn't offer it last week because she just started her shed cycle.

Best part about Gene is he has no problem eating a medium then a small.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (01-04-2018),Gio (03-26-2017),Sauzo (03-26-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,570 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post
    Tina shed and pooped tonight, surprisingly skipped her small rat. I didn't offer it last week because she just started her shed cycle.

Look at Gene go!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post

So excited for a double helping of rat that he pee'd in the cage?

Thanks
    And on a side note, Caesar has been seeming happy with medium rats now. I backed him down from the larges. Going to try a medium rat every 10 days. He has seemed to mellow out a lot from the food drive. I think he was growing so wanted more food. He seems to be filling out now more and not really gaining length...at the moment lol.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-26-2017),jmcrook (03-26-2017),Stearns84 (03-26-2017)

Thanks

And on a side note, Caesar has been seeming happy with medium rats now. I backed him down from the larges. Going to try a medium rat every 10 days. He has seemed to mellow out a lot from the food drive. I think he was growing so wanted more food. He seems to be filling out now more and not really gaining length...at the moment lol.
    NO HI-Jack LOL We love Gene,

But on a Caesar/Wallace note, I'm thinking of bumping Wallace to mediums. He refused a Fresh Killed large (small large) yesterday and I only offered because two other refused. He is passed the 10 day mark and isn't wild about eating just yet so I guess I'll offer up the rest of the smalls and then when his 1st B-day comes on June 1st. He'll got to mediums. I'm happy with his size and don't think he'll be a monster even if he hit 10 feet.

Wallace isn't as big as Gene. I think he and Caesar are probably close in size, although I think Caesar is probably a bit longer and thicker. I wish we could compare them. The SD X Dwarf and mainland percentages are interesting from snake to snake and the affect on growth would be worth studying a bit more.

Wallace still fits in the royal python's first hides from years ago.

No more pee sprays or pissy cage behavior either. He's becoming a really nice fella.

OK, OK,,

Sorry Gene, it's your thread and I'm curious like Sauzo is; Did he wizz from excitement over the next rat or was that rat wet when he got it?

Thanks
    Lol its not a hijack. We just use each others threads to discuss on. So whoever it lands on, we use that persons thread until new pics pop from someone else haha.

Gene is longer than Caesar. Gene is 5.5' I think and Caesar is 5' at least semi measure. As for thickness, they might be both about the same. Caesar is about 1.5" thick. He is filling out more though which is kind of why I'm cutting him back to mediums and going to try every 10 days. He LOVES to eat though. Every time I open the cage, he is front and center lol. I boop his snoot with the twisted paper towel and he usually looks all disappointed and goes back into a hide lol. He is a spazz though when I take him out. No longer the calm relaxed snake, he just wants to gogogogo. Took him out this morning to stir up his Eco Earth and he was crawling all over me like crazy haha. He isn't near the lounge snakes the boas are anymore.

Lol and good Wallace doesn't soak you anymore. Caesar took his first piss on me though. I let him out to hang out and then I felt a warm raining on my foot. I looked down to see Caesar's fat butt hanging over my foot pissing on it lol. It wasn't a ton of piss, it was like he was marking me lol.

As for mainland percentages, yeah that is interesting. Also I have heard tiger is a big gene so retics with tiger gene tend to get larger. Not sure if it's true or not but Caesar has definitely gotten a lot bigger than when o got him. He was about 2' back in Oct. Today when I had him out, I saw just how big he is. Luckily he is still as nice as when he was a baby although like I said, he doesn't sit still for anything anymore and where he wants to go, he pretty much goes. Hard holding him back LOL.

Thanks

Lol its not a hijack. We just use each others threads to discuss on. So whoever it lands on, we use that persons thread until new pics pop from someone else haha.

Gene is longer than Caesar. Gene is 5.5' I think and Caesar is 5' at least semi measure. As for thickness, they might be both about the same. Caesar is about 1.5" thick. He is filling out more though which is kind of why I'm cutting him back to mediums and going to try every 10 days. He LOVES to eat though. Every time I open the cage, he is front and center lol. I boop his snoot with the twisted paper towel and he usually looks all disappointed and goes back into a hide lol. He is a spazz though when I take him out. No longer the calm relaxed snake, he just wants to gogogogo. Took him out this morning to stir up his Eco Earth and he was crawling all over me like crazy haha. He isn't near the lounge snakes the boas are anymore.

Lol and good Wallace doesn't soak you anymore. Caesar took his first piss on me though. I let him out to hang out and then I felt a warm raining on my foot. I looked down to see Caesar's fat butt hanging over my foot pissing on it lol. It wasn't a ton of piss, it was like he was marking me lol.

As for mainland percentages, yeah that is interesting. Also I have heard tiger is a big gene so retics with tiger gene tend to get larger. Not sure if it's true or not but Caesar has definitely gotten a lot bigger than when o got him. He was about 2' back in Oct. Today when I had him out, I saw just how big he is. Luckily he is still as nice as when he was a baby although like I said, he doesn't sit still for anything anymore and where he wants to go, he pretty much goes. Hard holding him back LOL.
    Does his stomach gurgle when you try to hold him back?? If Wallace get far enough out of my hand and its under his stomach, it makes a sound and I'm just waiting for the explosion LOL!

My boa did this when younger but nothing like Wallace. He doesn't even have food in him today, at least not yet.

I'm guessing they are close in size.

And yeah, Gene,,,, we jump in and out of each other's threads Feel free to pop in and "Gene up" a Wallace or Caesar thread.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-26-2017)

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast