Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,150

1 members and 3,149 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Gene finally has a thread!

So we had a mocroburst over our apartment last night and knocked out power. I filled the freezer with ice but it looks like all the rats are shot. FML

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I recall someone saying mice/rats can be refrozen one time?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post
    So we had a mocroburst over our apartment last night and knocked out power. I filled the freezer with ice but it looks like all the rats are shot. FML

Everything totally thawed overnight? Maybe one refreeze at most but that's only if they're immediately refrozen. The refreezing/wasted feeders issue was a very strong rationalization for getting multiple snakes with stronger appetites since Geoffrey generally only eats 6-8 months of the year in the last three years or so. Never had the whole freezer go though. That sucks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Everything totally thawed overnight? Maybe one refreeze at most but that's only if they're immediately refrozen. The refreezing/wasted feeders issue was a very strong rationalization for getting multiple snakes with stronger appetites since Geoffrey generally only eats 6-8 months of the year in the last three years or so. Never had the whole freezer go though. That sucks man

90% were saved. The inner ones were still frozen, so it looks like I only 10. Stupid non tornado tornado.

So I'm ditching the no float Cypress. Not sure if I can give you an exact reason why, but I don't care for it. Jmcrook, you said you were trying a knock off reptichip? You like it? Where did you guys order your reptichip?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I just ordered 4 blocks of pro coco from snakemuseum.com. Exactly the same as reptichip but close to half the price. Shipping is a little spendy but I was already ordering a bunch of other stuff so ended up saving some shipping cost in the end.
    I recently have been using grow!t coco chips from greenhouse supply online and I'm not a huge fan. Very fibery, shaggy sort of mix, smells weird, and they only sent two of my 4 blocks and never told me the other two were on back order. I mean it serves its purpose but the chips are wildly varying in size, not as absorbent, and very fibery.
    Glad you were able to save most of your feeders!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (07-24-2017)

Thanks

Feel like Gene is telling himself jokes and laughing at them.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

DLena (07-26-2017),Sauzo (07-26-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Yeah I'm not that huge of fan of the GrowIt stuff. Glad i wasnt the only one who thought it smelled kind of weird. Used the last of it now and going to probably just go back to ReptiChips for now for my big cages. The BP, dumerils and the bobsy twins(Gina and Rango) will stay on aspen.

And on a side note, looks like Caesars face is going back to shape lol. Goin to have to feed him a little heavier i think for a couple weeks to let his face fully heal. Might try a small guinea pig this sunday when i buy him dinner. I need something that is more meaty and filling.

So i guess my trade off with Caesar is he doesnt bite or poop or piss on me or overall be a pain but if not kept happy with food, he destroys his face.....

And I'm going to sneak in my new favorite pic of him doing his BP impersonation
    Last edited by Sauzo; 07-26-2017 at 07:53 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

DLena (07-26-2017),jmcrook (07-27-2017),Stearns84 (07-26-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Yeah I'm not that huge of fan of the GrowIt stuff. Glad i wasnt the only one who thought it smelled kind of weird. Used the last of it now and going to probably just go back to ReptiChips for now for my big cages. The BP, dumerils and the bobsy twins(Gina and Rango) will stay on aspen.

And on a side note, looks like Caesars face is going back to shape lol. Goin to have to feed him a little heavier i think for a couple weeks to let his face fully heal. Might try a small guinea pig this sunday when i buy him dinner. I need something that is more meaty and filling.

So i guess my trade off with Caesar is he doesnt bite or poop or piss on me or overall be a pain but if not kept happy with food, he destroys his face.....

And I'm going to sneak in my new favorite pic of him doing his BP impersonation
    Where are you ordering your reptichip?

I love Tina and she is my pet rock, but I'd love to get another retic. Gene is a runt like I wanted, but I wouldn't mind a mainland male.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post
    Where are you ordering your reptichip?

I love Tina and she is my pet rock, but I'd love to get another retic. Gene is a runt like I wanted, but I wouldn't mind a mainland male.

I just ordered mine straight from ReptiChips.com. It's $10 flat shipping so better if you order more obviously.

I want to hear JMs review of Pro Coco. I thought about ordering it but after doing the GrowIt stuff and it being pretty much everything JM said above, I think I'm done with the knockoffs and will just stick with the original stuff.

As for a second retic, I would have to think on that lol. I mean if i didnt have my boas i probably would but retics are definitely a LOT more work than boas. I have to always check on Caesar to make sure he doesnt break his face or anything else and keep his feeding up and keep checking for poops, pisses and stuff. The boas are much easier. They eat 1-2 times a month, poop once a month, piss 1-3 times a month and when hungry, they just crawl around but dont really violently push their face into stuff lol.

But the flip side is Caesar is definitely a much more interactive snake for the most part and he is a lot lighter to carry around than Rosey who is shorter but has a lot more girth to her.

I say break the bank and screw the Jeep or 4runner and go for a Pied retic or Cow retic!! Then i can own one through you
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (07-27-2017)

Thanks

Haven't tried out the pro coco yet. Probably after my move once the cages are set up again. I will say that it look exactly like reptichip. Color, density, chip size, we'll see how it performs is the real test. I'll keep y'all posted once I'm relocated.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (07-27-2017)

Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast