Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 644

2 members and 642 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Impactions with reptichip?

Concerning Reptichip, in addition to the OP's question, I have another concern. I went to a show last year and they had some that was on display that you could handle. When I did, it left a brownish color on my hands that I had to wash my hands to get it off.

I wanted to know about people's experience with this issue and if it was a problem as far as it leaving this residue in the tubs (that may eventually permanently discolor them), on the snakes and in their water when it gets in it.

I previously got a few answers, but would like to hear more experiences if possible before I switch. I need something besides the paper liners I use now, especially during winter for humidity and when I go on vacation to make it easier for people that clean up after my snakes while I am gone. Thanks!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wanted to know about people's experience with this issue and if it was a problem as far as it leaving this residue in the tubs (that may eventually permanently discolor them), on the snakes and in their water when it gets in it.
    It all depends on the type of plastic, and how wet you have it in our tubs.

My tubs are fine no color changes, some of the water dishes have a red tint to them (medium plastic crock) but it washes off for the most part.

Again it depends on the plastic but so far plastic tubs and I have sterilite as well as vision are doing fine.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

I have Vision and Iris tubs so good to know any potential coloring isn't permanent..Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12