Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,084

1 members and 3,083 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Is it safe?

Thanks

Is it safe?

I keep my BP in a tub with paper towels as bedding, and as i fed him earlier, the rodent left some blood on the paper towel over the UTH. I'm just wondering if that's ok and if that's safe, or should I clean the tub?

I'm sorry if i act like a noob, but this is my first time actually owning a bp. I used to help and handle burmese pythons and retics at this local crocodile farm back at my hometown as charity, so i know a little about caring for a snake, but i noticed that ball pythons are such delicate snakes and they need more things than others.

Plus i also had just joined here in BPs.net because I need help, i thought i know snakes until i got a BP, they need some extra TLC

Thanks

Re: Is it safe?

Safe, probably. Think of it as a bit of spilled food, it's not toxic or an immediate danger. While it won't cause any harm, it's probably a good idea to change out the paper regardless, just to cultivate good habits. A little bit of old blood shouldn't be bad, but a larger spill over time would be unsanitary, and cleaner is generally better.

Thanks

Re: Is it safe?

Quote Originally Posted by ja88er View Post
    Safe, probably. Think of it as a bit of spilled food, it's not toxic or an immediate danger. While it won't cause any harm, it's probably a good idea to change out the paper regardless, just to cultivate good habits. A little bit of old blood shouldn't be bad, but a larger spill over time would be unsanitary, and cleaner is generally better.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Legaspi For This Useful Post:

ja88er (02-19-2017)