Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 240

10 members and 230 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 58,005
Threads: 226,665
Posts: 2,335,953
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, mareyuh

» August 2017

S M T W T F S
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 102
  1. #91
    BPnet Senior Member Gio's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanks
    3,028
    Thanked 2,068 Times in 1,258 Posts
    Out of curiosity, has anybody installed a realistic rock background in an AP cage?

    I was leaning toward AP but could pass up the great deal I got from the tried, trusted and true, Pro-Line cages from Constrictors NW.

    I'm not interested in this VS that or who likes what more. I just want to know if there are any keepers that have mounted a durable rubber rock background in an AP cage.

    If you have toss up a photo.

    I'm still waiting on my 72" x 30" x 24" Pro-Line to get here. I'm not in a rush as my animals all have adequate housing but I expect within the next 3-4 weeks I'll be gearing up the interior for perches and other decor.

  2. #92
    BPnet Veteran Sauzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-26-2014
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    3,471
    Thanks
    853
    Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,445 Posts

    Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anybody installed a realistic rock background in an AP cage?

    I was leaning toward AP but could pass up the great deal I got from the tried, trusted and true, Pro-Line cages from Constrictors NW.

    I'm not interested in this VS that or who likes what more. I just want to know if there are any keepers that have mounted a durable rubber rock background in an AP cage.

    If you have toss up a photo.

    I'm still waiting on my 72" x 30" x 24" Pro-Line to get here. I'm not in a rush as my animals all have adequate housing but I expect within the next 3-4 weeks I'll be gearing up the interior for perches and other decor.
    I havent personally but i imagine it wouldnt be too hard. AP cage sides screw to the back so if you laid the background on the back piece and cut it flush with the back, shouldnt have a problem siliconing it down. Only problem is AP puts 3 sets of vents in the back and 1 set on each side piece. Also mounting a shelf would be harder. You would have to cut out slots in the background for the shelf supports as well as for the vents.
    1.0 SD/D White Albino Tiger het snow Reticulated Python-Caesar
    0.1 High White Pied Ball Python-Dottie
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie
    1.0 Salmon het Snowglow BI-Rango

    0.1 Redgroup/Burke Lipstick Sunglow BI-Victoria
    0.1 Colombian BI-Rosey
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa-Luna

    0.1 Orange Starburst Bearded Dragon-Harley

  3. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-22-2016
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    476
    Thanks
    531
    Thanked 247 Times in 180 Posts
    Images: 54

    Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by KWAddict View Post
    Literally just got off the phone with Ali and then Bob!

    I will now be waiting for (4) T10s with sliding glass doors, door locks, basking shelves, white LEDs, and RHPs. Very exciting stuff but the wait is going to be excruciating!

    I have 3 - T10's with RHP's and the shelf - also had a 10mm channel routed for LED's I got on Amazon, and to be honest, I NEVER turn them on. I also did not have a channel routed in the 4th I ordered. Between the shelf and RHP the light really didn't "light up the enclosure" how I expected. I use a LED headlamp when cleaning as I have a window in the room and the natural light, of course NOT direct sunlight, that hits them seems to be working just fine.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Platinum Lesser (Lucille)

    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC)
    1.0 Sunglow (Sonny)
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob)

    Cats

    1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)

    Snake Wishlist
    Carpet Python - making a decision after reading the carpet python bible by Julander/Mutton
    SD/D Retic
    BRB
    ETB (dreaming here - just a cool display if I ever get that far)

  4. #94
    Registered User KWAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-2017
    Location
    Franklin, TX
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 15 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by BR8080 View Post
    I have 3 - T10's with RHP's and the shelf - also had a 10mm channel routed for LED's I got on Amazon, and to be honest, I NEVER turn them on. I also did not have a channel routed in the 4th I ordered. Between the shelf and RHP the light really didn't "light up the enclosure" how I expected. I use a LED headlamp when cleaning as I have a window in the room and the natural light, of course NOT direct sunlight, that hits them seems to be working just fine.
    See, I wanted to go with black enclosures with red LEDs. I thought they would be nice for nighttime viewing and if I remember correctly, snakes don't see red. My idea was to just have them on a timer and when I walked in, the enclosures would be lit up red.

    My wife insisted on white enclosures with white LEDs. I was just ecstatic she was approving me dropping over $1,700 on enclosures lol. So I figured she could pick them. I picked the size and how I wanted them set up. She can pick the colors lol.

    Probably wouldn't be the best idea to put the white LEDs on a timer so that they illuminate all night I would think. I don't want to mess up their internal clock since they're nocturnal. Sucks but it is what it is.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1.1 Ball Python
    5.1 Canines (All rescues - mixed breeds)

  5. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    11-22-2016
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    476
    Thanks
    531
    Thanked 247 Times in 180 Posts
    Images: 54

    Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by KWAddict View Post
    See, I wanted to go with black enclosures with red LEDs. I thought they would be nice for nighttime viewing and if I remember correctly, snakes don't see red. My idea was to just have them on a timer and when I walked in, the enclosures would be lit up red.

    My wife insisted on white enclosures with white LEDs. I was just ecstatic she was approving me dropping over $1,700 on enclosures lol. So I figured she could pick them. I picked the size and how I wanted them set up. She can pick the colors lol.

    Probably wouldn't be the best idea to put the white LEDs on a timer so that they illuminate all night I would think. I don't want to mess up their internal clock since they're nocturnal. Sucks but it is what it is.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

    Happy wife - happy life...good for you man LOL

    I read all light, other than natural circadian of course, bugs them AFTER I ordered the LED's on Amazon....oh well - spend and learn. I still installed them, wasn't happy, and never turn 'em on. I chalked it up to my inexperience, I wanted different colors, got fancy, and fell flat....lots to learn as I only got into snake ownership in November and now have 4 with a few more on the "to get" list. Sure wish I got into them sooner, and before I got hooked on craft brews and wasted thousands of dollars on beer, some of which I'm still trying to sell. I've financed all the enclosures, RHP's, snakes, and other supplies on the sale of most of my beer cellar, still more to get rid of too.

    Don't let my mistake deter you, was just sharing my experience with inexperience LOL I am MORE than satisfied with the AP enclosures, it was MY decision that I'm not pleased with.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Platinum Lesser (Lucille)

    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC)
    1.0 Sunglow (Sonny)
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob)

    Cats

    1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)

    Snake Wishlist
    Carpet Python - making a decision after reading the carpet python bible by Julander/Mutton
    SD/D Retic
    BRB
    ETB (dreaming here - just a cool display if I ever get that far)

  6. #96
    Telling it like it is! Deborah's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-28-2006
    Posts
    21,413
    Thanks
    5,135
    Thanked 13,835 Times in 7,042 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 5
    Kind of forgot about the thread oops

    Anyway here are some pics of my gargoyle condo (custom made by AP)

    View from top before continuing the assembly



    Front with door open



    Front again



    Inside of one of the condo once setup


  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deborah For This Useful Post:

    BR8080 (08-03-2017),Gio (08-08-2017),jmcrook (08-13-2017),MissterDog (08-04-2017),Prognathodon (08-01-2017)

  8. #97
    Registered User MmmBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-28-2017
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 56 Times in 39 Posts
    I'm waiting on a 3 tier v70 adult rack.... But its from C-serpents, so I'm hoping the wait is less than 3 weeks.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MmmBanana For This Useful Post:

    MissterDog (08-11-2017)

  10. #98
    Registered User MissterDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-21-2017
    Posts
    366
    Thanks
    508
    Thanked 267 Times in 143 Posts
    Images: 4
    T12 just arrived today! So far seems to be in good shape, only a minor scratch on one of the boards from the travel but it'sjust a flesh woundcosmetic only!


  11. #99
    BPnet Veteran
    Join Date
    07-09-2015
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    1,135
    Thanks
    456
    Thanked 479 Times in 353 Posts
    Does a bird cage count?
    Arrives today.
    Wish UPS would hurry up.

    I'm adding two budgies to the flock this Sunday. I have a temp. back-cage in case this one arrives looking like a crushed soda can. The reviews weren't encouraging for its safe travel, but I wanted the big size.
    Last edited by distaff; 08-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.

  12. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-17-2016
    Posts
    227
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 91 Times in 56 Posts

    Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Kind of forgot about the thread oops

    Anyway here are some pics of my gargoyle condo (custom made by AP)
    I had no idea they could do this but shouldn't be surprised. That's some amazing work!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1