Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,268

1 members and 3,267 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Out of curiosity, has anybody installed a realistic rock background in an AP cage?

I was leaning toward AP but could pass up the great deal I got from the tried, trusted and true, Pro-Line cages from Constrictors NW.

I'm not interested in this VS that or who likes what more. I just want to know if there are any keepers that have mounted a durable rubber rock background in an AP cage.

If you have toss up a photo.

I'm still waiting on my 72" x 30" x 24" Pro-Line to get here. I'm not in a rush as my animals all have adequate housing but I expect within the next 3-4 weeks I'll be gearing up the interior for perches and other decor.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anybody installed a realistic rock background in an AP cage?

I was leaning toward AP but could pass up the great deal I got from the tried, trusted and true, Pro-Line cages from Constrictors NW.

I'm not interested in this VS that or who likes what more. I just want to know if there are any keepers that have mounted a durable rubber rock background in an AP cage.

If you have toss up a photo.

I'm still waiting on my 72" x 30" x 24" Pro-Line to get here. I'm not in a rush as my animals all have adequate housing but I expect within the next 3-4 weeks I'll be gearing up the interior for perches and other decor.
    I havent personally but i imagine it wouldnt be too hard. AP cage sides screw to the back so if you laid the background on the back piece and cut it flush with the back, shouldnt have a problem siliconing it down. Only problem is AP puts 3 sets of vents in the back and 1 set on each side piece. Also mounting a shelf would be harder. You would have to cut out slots in the background for the shelf supports as well as for the vents.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KWAddict View Post
    Literally just got off the phone with Ali and then Bob!

I will now be waiting for (4) T10s with sliding glass doors, door locks, basking shelves, white LEDs, and RHPs. Very exciting stuff but the wait is going to be excruciating!

I have 3 - T10's with RHP's and the shelf - also had a 10mm channel routed for LED's I got on Amazon, and to be honest, I NEVER turn them on. I also did not have a channel routed in the 4th I ordered. Between the shelf and RHP the light really didn't "light up the enclosure" how I expected. I use a LED headlamp when cleaning as I have a window in the room and the natural light, of course NOT direct sunlight, that hits them seems to be working just fine.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BR8080 View Post
    I have 3 - T10's with RHP's and the shelf - also had a 10mm channel routed for LED's I got on Amazon, and to be honest, I NEVER turn them on. I also did not have a channel routed in the 4th I ordered. Between the shelf and RHP the light really didn't "light up the enclosure" how I expected. I use a LED headlamp when cleaning as I have a window in the room and the natural light, of course NOT direct sunlight, that hits them seems to be working just fine.
    See, I wanted to go with black enclosures with red LEDs. I thought they would be nice for nighttime viewing and if I remember correctly, snakes don't see red. My idea was to just have them on a timer and when I walked in, the enclosures would be lit up red.

My wife insisted on white enclosures with white LEDs. I was just ecstatic she was approving me dropping over $1,700 on enclosures lol. So I figured she could pick them. I picked the size and how I wanted them set up. She can pick the colors lol.

Probably wouldn't be the best idea to put the white LEDs on a timer so that they illuminate all night I would think. I don't want to mess up their internal clock since they're nocturnal. Sucks but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1.1 Ball Python
    5.1 Canines (All rescues - mixed breeds)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KWAddict View Post
    See, I wanted to go with black enclosures with red LEDs. I thought they would be nice for nighttime viewing and if I remember correctly, snakes don't see red. My idea was to just have them on a timer and when I walked in, the enclosures would be lit up red.

My wife insisted on white enclosures with white LEDs. I was just ecstatic she was approving me dropping over $1,700 on enclosures lol. So I figured she could pick them. I picked the size and how I wanted them set up. She can pick the colors lol.

Probably wouldn't be the best idea to put the white LEDs on a timer so that they illuminate all night I would think. I don't want to mess up their internal clock since they're nocturnal. Sucks but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Happy wife - happy life...good for you man LOL

I read all light, other than natural circadian of course, bugs them AFTER I ordered the LED's on Amazon....oh well - spend and learn. I still installed them, wasn't happy, and never turn 'em on. I chalked it up to my inexperience, I wanted different colors, got fancy, and fell flat....lots to learn as I only got into snake ownership in November and now have 4 with a few more on the "to get" list. Sure wish I got into them sooner, and before I got hooked on craft brews and wasted thousands of dollars on beer, some of which I'm still trying to sell. I've financed all the enclosures, RHP's, snakes, and other supplies on the sale of most of my beer cellar, still more to get rid of too.

Don't let my mistake deter you, was just sharing my experience with inexperience LOL I am MORE than satisfied with the AP enclosures, it was MY decision that I'm not pleased with.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Kind of forgot about the thread oops

Anyway here are some pics of my gargoyle condo (custom made by AP)

View from top before continuing the assembly

Front with door open

Front again

Inside of one of the condo once setup

Deborah Stewart

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (08-03-2017),Gio (08-08-2017),jmcrook (08-13-2017),MissterDog (08-04-2017),Prognathodon (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    I'm waiting on a 3 tier v70 adult rack.... But its from C-serpents, so I'm hoping the wait is less than 3 weeks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MmmBanana For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (08-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    T12 just arrived today! So far seems to be in good shape, only a minor scratch on one of the boards from the travel but it'sjust a flesh woundcosmetic only!
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Does a bird cage count?
    Arrives today.
    Wish UPS would hurry up.

I'm adding two budgies to the flock this Sunday. I have a temp. back-cage in case this one arrives looking like a crushed soda can. The reviews weren't encouraging for its safe travel, but I wanted the big size.
    Last edited by distaff; 08-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Kind of forgot about the thread oops

Anyway here are some pics of my gargoyle condo (custom made by AP)
    I had no idea they could do this but shouldn't be surprised. That's some amazing work!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast