Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,815

1 members and 2,814 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    My enclosure for my GTP arrived broken and on its side on Monday, so now I'm waiting on the seller to make another one for me.... I actually would prefer a refund, but he insisted on making me a new one. So fedex came and picked up the broken cage the next day.

I waited month and a half for it, when it was originally supposed to be 2 weeks, because the seller kept delaying finishing my cage in the first place. (the one that was finally finished and arrived broken)

He now said he will be making me a new one by the end of this weekend, but who knows if that will actually happen.

My lesson learned: buying direct from pvccages and putting it together yourself is 100% TOTALLY worthwhile, instead of trying to save a few bucks on a custom cage from a random cage maker. This has been WAY more trouble than it is worth, and I'm still paying $325 for it without a single dollar of refund.

I originally even had a juvie male planned out with a breeder, but the delays on the cage made me miss out on it. Seriously, this has been ridiculous lmao.
    Dang, you just aren't having luck with cages are you lol. First the 2 ton melamine cage and now this fiasco. This is why I just deal with AP. I had FedEx crack a couple tops on my cages and when I called Ali, she didn't even need to see pics, she just sent me new tops with lights installed in them. The cracks were just superficial right on the back end so nothing that impaired the cage quality. I was more just letting Ali know but she sent me new tops anyways. Awesome customer service.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

T10's arrived Friday and Saturday - assembled bottom, front, and sides on all 3 yesterday and allowing the sealant to dry a couple 2 - 3 days. I'm quite impressed with the engineering and fabrication of these enclosures. They seem to be well built for being light weight and the attention to detail is nice.

Unfortunately, 1 of the tops was damaged by FedEx - corner of the box was ripped open and the top corner was broken (of course it's the top with 2 RHP's). I've got a message in to Ali and we'll see what happens. I do hope FedEx is help responsible and AP doesn't have to absorb the cost.

I've also got the majority of my stand built as I'm just waiting for the casters to arrive. Sauzo, I decided to go with the 1" black pipe and 2" x 6" - I'm sure it'll hold without incident after a little testing I did while building it, it's pretty stout.

I'll post pictures when everything is up and installed.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BR8080 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-09-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BR8080 View Post
    T10's arrived Friday and Saturday - assembled bottom, front, and sides on all 3 yesterday and allowing the sealant to dry a couple 2 - 3 days. I'm quite impressed with the engineering and fabrication of these enclosures. They seem to be well built for being light weight and the attention to detail is nice.

Unfortunately, 1 of the tops was damaged by FedEx - corner of the box was ripped open and the top corner was broken (of course it's the top with 2 RHP's). I've got a message in to Ali and we'll see what happens. I do hope FedEx is help responsible and AP doesn't have to absorb the cost.

I've also got the majority of my stand built as I'm just waiting for the casters to arrive. Sauzo, I decided to go with the 1" black pipe and 2" x 6" - I'm sure it'll hold without incident after a little testing I did while building it, it's pretty stout.

I'll post pictures when everything is up and installed.
    They are pretty awesome aren't they!?

And yeah 2 out of 3 of my tops for my T10s had a small crack on the top at the back corner where the light comes out. It was superficial and didn't affect the top at all especially since I stack the cages. I called and just let Ali know and she sent me 2 new tops with the lights installed. I didn't even ask for them. Awesome customer service. Funny though, the 3 T8s tops were all fine. I'm just praying the T25 tops get the same delivery guy and not the idiot who probably dropped my T10 boxes lol.

The stand? You mean that crazy 4 legged tube thing? Man, you got brass kahunas to chance that lol.

And yeah, lets see some pics
    Last edited by Sauzo; 04-09-2017 at 02:36 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (04-09-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Dang, you just aren't having luck with cages are you lol. First the 2 ton melamine cage and now this fiasco. This is why I just deal with AP. I had FedEx crack a couple tops on my cages and when I called Ali, she didn't even need to see pics, she just sent me new tops with lights installed in them. The cracks were just superficial right on the back end so nothing that impaired the cage quality. I was more just letting Ali know but she sent me new tops anyways. Awesome customer service.
    Seriously, I keep giving the small hobby cage makers the benefit of the doubt (especially since they apparently have good reviews??), but I keep getting the short end lmao. And also that 4 level rack from the local rack maker guy too, which he re-made as well. :I

It sounds totally worth it to buy from AP or pvccages or any of the big cage/rack sellers. I'm so sad LOL, but I have learned never to buy from small business/hobby makers again. It's just not worth the potential huge amount of trouble.

The melamine thing is totally my fault for not researching materials beforehand though hahah
    Last edited by redshepherd; 04-09-2017 at 02:45 AM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

They are pretty awesome aren't they!?

And yeah 2 out of 3 of my tops for my T10s had a small crack on the top at the back corner where the light comes out. It was superficial and didn't affect the top at all especially since I stack the cages.

The stand? You mean that crazy 4 legged tube thing? Man, you got brass kahunas to chance that lol.

And yeah, lets see some pics
    Yeah - really impressive.

Same place mine is cracked - maybe I'll just put it in the middle since I'm stacking as well...never thought about that. Thanks.

Yes - it's quite stout actually (the stand, not my kahunas LOL, although it's not the first time I've been told that) - 19" tall x 26" deep x 48" wide.

Pictures will be posted, I'm really excited to get this done.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

Thanks

Seriously, I keep giving the small hobby cage makers the benefit of the doubt (especially since they apparently have good reviews??), but I keep getting the short end lmao. And also that 4 level rack from the local rack maker guy too, which he re-made as well. :I

It sounds totally worth it to buy from AP or pvccages or any of the big cage/rack sellers. I'm so sad LOL, but I have learned never to buy from small business/hobby makers again. It's just not worth the potential huge amount of trouble.

The melamine thing is totally my fault for not researching materials beforehand though hahah
    Well AP is a 'small' guy too. I believe they are family and a couple friends. They only have 1 cutting machine which is the reason it takes so long along with all the orders. Last 2 times I've talked to Ali, she was at her house taking care of her kid so I'm guessing the business end is run out of their house. They just do a very good job and make sure to add in those little touches like rounding/finishing the edges/corners and stuff like that. Really well made cages at a good price. Cant really beat it as that is pretty much what I want. They also offer so many options along with customization.

I honestly don't think there is any really 'mass produced' caging. I mean Boaphile is a guy or 2, AP is family and few friends, Constrictors NW is just Ed Lilly and I don't know about PVCCages but I would imagine they are probably a guy or a couple. But I get what you mean by small time, as in like you said, a hobby builder.

And btw how is the remake of the cage coming?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (06-15-2017)

Thanks

I'll add to this thread by only saying i ordered a incubator from c serpents back in november and we got it in january.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Well AP is a 'small' guy too. I believe they are family and a couple friends. They only have 1 cutting machine which is the reason it takes so long along with all the orders. Last 2 times I've talked to Ali, she was at her house taking care of her kid so I'm guessing the business end is run out of their house. They just do a very good job and make sure to add in those little touches like rounding/finishing the edges/corners and stuff like that. Really well made cages at a good price. Cant really beat it as that is pretty much what I want. They also offer so many options along with customization.

I honestly don't think there is any really 'mass produced' caging. I mean Boaphile is a guy or 2, AP is family and few friends, Constrictors NW is just Ed Lilly and I don't know about PVCCages but I would imagine they are probably a guy or a couple. But I get what you mean by small time, as in like you said, a hobby builder.

And btw how is the remake of the cage coming?
    Oh, I didn't realize they're just a family for how popular they are! That just goes to show how good cages and customer service and consistent time frames make a great rep. Yeah PVC cages is also one guy and his wife, I believe. I guess I wrote "big" sellers like popular ones, and hobby sellers the unknown ones with not much rep yet LOL.

Haha welp, the dude didn't message me yet... so I'm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "Done by this weekend" my butt. I'm honestly this close |-| to posting about him on the BOI and all over the reptile sales groups if he keeps delaying the re-make like he did for the first cage. He's going to be in for it... He also firmly refused a refund when I asked for it, back when he kept delaying my cage by 3 weeks. I also asked him for a refund THIS time around, and he insisted he re-make the cage (which I honestly don't want to deal with anymore).

He keeps talking the good guy talk and makes himself seem like a very reputable nice guy, but his work ethic and customer service is just not there. Like I'm sure he really is a nice dude, but a nice dude could get bad grades... lol.
    Last edited by redshepherd; 04-09-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks

Oh, I didn't realize they're just a family for how popular they are! That just goes to show how good cages and customer service and consistent time frames make a great rep. Yeah PVC cages is also one guy and his wife, I believe. I guess I wrote "big" sellers like popular ones, and hobby sellers the unknown ones with not much rep yet LOL.

Haha welp, the dude didn't message me yet... so I'm ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "Done by this weekend" my butt. I'm honestly this close |-| to posting about him on the BOI and all over the reptile sales groups if he keeps delaying the re-make like he did for the first cage. He's going to be in for it... He also firmly refused a refund when I asked for it, back when he kept delaying my cage by 3 weeks. I also asked him for a refund THIS time around, and he insisted he re-make the cage (which I honestly don't want to deal with anymore).

He keeps talking the good guy talk and makes himself seem like a very reputable nice guy, but his work ethic and customer service is just not there. Like I'm sure he really is a nice dude, but a nice dude could get bad grades... lol.
    Sounds like a giant fiasco that is ending with a lot of promises and little actual action. Well, hope it works out but it sounds like its like pulling teeth.

Thanks

The T10 arrived a couple weeks ago, finally got it assembled yesterday. With moving the BPs to a rack, the woma and blood got moved up to half-T8s, so the boa is going into the T10.

Here it is, mostly assembled, sealant applied, and a perching bar made from 3/4" (nominal) PVC:

It had more flex than we were comfortable with, but we didn't have any more tees to splice in for a center support. But we did have plenty of 1/2" (nominal) PVC, and fittings. So we came up with a center support using a full cross:

Much better for stiffness. And the artificial vine adds to the appearance and cover for lurking:

Still need to put the heat tape on the bottom, and a light on the top panel, and install the top panel, but here's a shot in one of the doors:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (05-15-2017),CALM Pythons (06-15-2017),DavidNDC (11-13-2017)

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast