Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,846

3 members and 2,843 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Thanks

What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

These beauties arrived on Friday

Edit: Pictures honestly do not do them justice. They are so much bigger in person than what they look in photos.
    Last edited by KWAddict; 11-13-2017 at 07:52 AM.
    1.1 Ball Python
    5.1 Canines (All rescues - mixed breeds)

Thanks

Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KWAddict View Post

Edit: Pictures honestly do not do them justice. They are so much bigger in person than what they look in photos.
    What model AP cages are those?
    ~Collection~

1.1 Southern White-Lipped Python (Timika Locale) "Omen" & "Oracle"
    1.1 Timor Python "Envy" & "Enigma"
    1.1 Genetic Stripe Bredli Pythons
    1.1 Afors/Harris Line Bredli Pythons "Fire" & "Brimstone"
    1.1 Irian Jaya/Papuan Carpet Pythons 66% Het Granite
    1.0 Axanthic Pure Coastal Carpet Python
    0.1 Caramel Jaguar Het Axanthic Pure Coastal Carpet Python
    1.0 Piebald Ball Python "Starscream" (Son's snake)
    0.0.1 Aru Green Tree Python

Thanks

Re: What enclosures do you have on order? Im going crazy waiting how about you? Lol

I just changes my order from a t10 to a t12. What are you using for heat? And what wattage, if it's an RHP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Looks good. I had white cages once...once. They look awesome when new but after a few years and countless snake poops and pees and if your snake tries to body paint, they get kind of dingy and stained. And yeah, what model AP are those. I have never seen that tall of a litter dam before on them.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Wow, sorry all! I somehow missed these replies until just now!

They are AP T12s but I requested a 6” tall substrate dam! I plan on doing bioactive setups! I’m about to build a stand to get them tall enough to hide a misting system and all of the wiring.

Andddd I wanted black. I let my wife pick since I was just happy she was allowing me to drop that kind of money on enclosures, haha. My plan is to essentially foam the inside anyway so hopefully the white is just for the exterior appearances.

I’ll have to check the panel for wattage actually. Both have ProProducts RHPs but I basically just called Bob, he said he’d pick the proper panels out and send them to Ali. I never even got an invoice or receipt. He just took my card info over the phone, haha. I know I had $104 in each panel though. I’ll try to look tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    1.1 Ball Python

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KWAddict For This Useful Post:

Addiction (11-28-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
    I just changes my order from a t10 to a t12. What are you using for heat? And what wattage, if it's an RHP.

Me personally, i use the flexwatt from AP. It's just 2 feet of the 11" stuff which you can get from Bean Farm or Reptile Basics for cheaper and they will crimp the plug wire on if you buy the kit. I just wanted everything to come at once so i ordered it all from AP. Plus Ali is awesome and has taken care of any problems i have had so i dont mind tossing a little extra cash their way as they are a small family run outfit.

If you are going for a RHP, it really depends on the room temp etc but when i used RHPs, i had PH3 65 watt ones from Pro Products. If you are picking up ones from RB, i would probably pick up the 125 watt ones and then mount them width wise so the length of the RHP goes from front to back. That was you have more space between the cool end of the cage and the hot end. And of course, use a t-stat no matter what heating source you use.

Thanks

And I was going to go with a T10 until I decided to go bioactive. Which really kind of sucks because I could have had 4 enclosures (T10s) for just a little more than I spent on 2 T12s. It’s definitely an expensive venture but I really like my snakes will appreciate it.

Now to order an enclosure to go bioactive for the retic lol. Ali quoted me a price on an enclosure that would be like 8x4x4. I think I’m going to do it. It’s not cheap though, that’s for sure.

1.1 Ball Python

Thanks

Wow, sorry all! I somehow missed these replies until just now!

They are AP T12s but I requested a 6” tall substrate dam! I plan on doing bioactive setups! I’m about to build a stand to get them tall enough to hide a misting system and all of the wiring.

Andddd I wanted black. I let my wife pick since I was just happy she was allowing me to drop that kind of money on enclosures, haha. My plan is to essentially foam the inside anyway so hopefully the white is just for the exterior appearances.

I’ll have to check the panel for wattage actually. Both have ProProducts RHPs but I basically just called Bob, he said he’d pick the proper panels out and send them to Ali. I never even got an invoice or receipt. He just took my card info over the phone, haha. I know I had $104 in each panel though. I’ll try to look tonight!

Lol nice. Yeah $104 sounds like the PH3 65 watt ones. I believe that is what i paid for them or it was $110, something around there.

And ah ok, yeah never saw litter damn that high so the custom job makes sense now. And if you are foaming the inside and stuff and going bioactive, might be ok. I just had mine set up with aspen so after a few years of piss and poop, they stained some.

And i hear ya, got to get the wife involved as that will lead to more good things like more reptiles and cages lol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Addiction (11-28-2017)

Thanks

Ali at AP already has my PH3. Just wanted to check.
    I ordered with a 4" dam. It a little taller than normal, but I plan on more of a slope front to back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cba191 View Post
    Ali at AP already has my PH3. Just wanted to check.
    I ordered with a 4" dam. It a little taller than normal, but I plan on more of a slope front to back.

You mean 'you hope the snake wants a slope from front to back' lol. If your snakes are anything like mine, they will destroy cool stuff you put in the cage and then rearrange stuff to their liking. And honestly, there is nothing more annoying than hearing one or more of your snakes shoving a hide around on the bare floor of an AP cage when the whole house is quiet. It's like someone running their nails down a chalkboard haha.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast