Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,781

0 members and 2,781 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neglected bp

Thanks

Re: Neglected bp

At least your trying to do something good for you. Your teacher seems like a deadbeat. And i think that's a nice way of putting it.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks

I wish a lot of people got involved and cared for the animals as much as i do, but for most people its just a stupid animal or whatever, thats not going to stop me tho. Im going to talk to the teacher once again, show him caresheets for all of his animals, point out the flaws in his husbandry (again) you know, try to get him to fix it, like give him one last chance, if he doesnt, well, i will take it to the principal, and keep annoying them until they do something

Thanks
    What an absolutely horrible standard to set for your students. Talk about an awful role model. I agree with the other posters here that said to mention the "encouraging irresponsible practices" angle. If they have a teacher that is endorsing poor animal care practices by neglecting his animals, using them as ornaments for his classroom without any thought to their needs or wellbeing and then JUSTIFYING IT when a concerned student REPEATEDLY inquires about the health of his animals, it needs to be addressed, and I feel that any school administrator would be deeply troubled if they had this case brought to them. Especially in regards to possible animal abuse, no school wants issues with law enforcement. Bring up that they're lacking basic necessities like heat sources (absolutely needed for cold blooded creatures) and places to hide for security, and the fact that he doesn't feed them. I would also try to recall how many times you talked to him and on what days, to give them a timeline. Also let them know that you've been taking time out of your day and money out of your bank account to care for this mans animals. You're a good person for being so adamant about the situation, I wish you luck and I hope something gets done for those critters before school is out.

ps the fact that this dude is a bio teacher kills me. absolutely ridiculous.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trisnake For This Useful Post:

Mike17 (02-24-2017)

Thanks
    Also! Does your school district have a teacher who teaches Small Animal Management, or have any sort of fast-track Vet Tech program through a local community college? At any of the schools in the district? I know my high school had those programs when I was in school, and I'm sure it's not the only one. Maybe see if there's someone specialized in this stuff who is also employed by your school district, and you could contact them and see what to do from there. If someone who works for them and is paid to teach the proper care of these animals supports your argument it would go a long way.
    Last edited by Trisnake; 02-18-2017 at 08:12 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trisnake For This Useful Post:

Timelugia (02-24-2017)

Thanks
    ..sigh.people man everywhere i look and you say hes a teacher?, kudos to you for trying to do something about it man. keep us updated

Thanks

This is what im going to do, im going to write an essay, today, about everything that my teacher is doing wrong with his animals. Im going to give it to him so that he can see what he is doing is cruel and as a last chance to correct these issues. If not then the administrators are getting the essay as well, and if nothing happens after that i'll think of something else, but i dont want these animals to suffer any more
    Update on the ball python: like always, she had a terrible shed, i went there during my lunch to help her and most of the shed is gone now including the eye caps (thankfully it was easy to remove them) i also fed her on monday, a small rat (p/k) and she went for it faster than any other snake ive seen, also, because i happen to be class president, i get a little heater for me because the class is really really cold, and i put it far from the "hot" side of her cage and now she is a little warmer, she doesnt feel like a frozen snake anymore

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trisnake View Post
    Also! Does your school district have a teacher who teaches Small Animal Management, or have any sort of fast-track Vet Tech program through a local community college? At any of the schools in the district? I know my high school had those programs when I was in school, and I'm sure it's not the only one. Maybe see if there's someone specialized in this stuff who is also employed by your school district, and you could contact them and see what to do from there. If someone who works for them and is paid to teach the proper care of these animals supports your argument it would go a long way.
    No, sadly we do not, i would be in it by now

Thanks
    Take pictures of the environment the snake is in before you change anything. That way, if you do decide to take any action, you still have proof of the environment the snake was in before anyone makes any changes
    Snakes:
    ~Ball Pythons: 1.0 Spider (Corkii) --- 1.0 Mojave (Meeko) --- 1.0 Bumblebelly (Pringle) --- 0.1 Normal (Fraggles) --- 0.1 Lesser Enchi (Khaleesi) --- 1.0 Pied (Piper)
    ~Cornsnakes: 0.1 Tessera.het Amel Motley (Twiglet) --- 1.0 Amel (Wotsit)
    ~Hognose: 0.0.1 Normal.66%hetAlbino (Waffle)
    ~Boa: 0.1 Normal (Medusa)
    ~Spotted Python 0.1 (Unnamed)
    ~Bredlis Python 0.1 (Unnamed)
    ~Burmese Python: 0.1 Granite (Skittles)
    Lizards:
    ~Crested Geckos: 1.0 Buckskin Dalmatian (Rex) --- 0.1 Orange Dalmatian (Apollo) --- 1.1 Harlequin (Cosmos / Nova) --- 1.0 Extreme Harlequin (Dino) --- 1.1 Halloween Partial Pin (Pumpkin/Unnamed) --- 1.0 Red and Cream partial pin (unnamed)
    ~Leopard Gecko: 1.0 Hypo (Dave)
    ~Bearded Dragon: 0.1 Red Leatherback.hetTrans
    ~Ackie Monitor: 0.0.1 (Unnamed)
    ~Jewled Lecarta 1.0 (Wizard)
    Others:
    Tortoise, Dog, Tarantulas, Parrot

Thanks

Thanks

The heater is to the left of the picture, and this is a pic of today after i helped her shed, the other side of the cage only has substrate, and i have pictures of the whole set up but they are on my other phone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast