Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,219

0 members and 3,219 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick 6.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Nice carpet and I like that background too. Just not a fan of Pro-Line cages but that's another story lol. But I did have a question for you regarding your BP. You said you feed HIM a large rat? How big is he? I've been feeding my 4.5' girl medium rats but I'm debating going up to large rats for her. Just not sure about a 250g rat for her. Also debating starting my 5' sunglow on large rats too so everyone would be on large rats and then just push the boas out to once every 3-4 weeks and then everyone else to every 10 days or so.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Quick 6.

Really nice

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ccplotner For This Useful Post:

Gio (02-18-2017)

Thanks
    Hmmm...note to self...inspect carpet heads next time I have them out! I do know my JCP has a triangular head, albeit smallish at the moment. I don't think Michonne (Caramel Coastal from Nick) has a flat head. I'll check in a few days since she just ate a large meal last night (refusal from the Royal,lol)
    4.3 Corns (Ziggy, Maximus, Twix, Henley, Amelia, Akasha, Zahara)
    1.1 Rosy Boas (Moonshine, Peaches)
    0.1 Licorice Black Rat (Lacey)
    1.1 Balls- Special Lesser Leucistic (Raka), Nuclear (Vesta)
    1.1 Carpets-Caramel Coastal (Michonne), Highlighter Jungle (Grimes)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xcjumper For This Useful Post:

Gio (02-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Nice carpet and I like that background too. Just not a fan of Pro-Line cages but that's another story lol. But I did have a question for you regarding your BP. You said you feed HIM a large rat? How big is he? I've been feeding my 4.5' girl medium rats but I'm debating going up to large rats for her. Just not sure about a 250g rat for her. Also debating starting my 5' sunglow on large rats too so everyone would be on large rats and then just push the boas out to once every 3-4 weeks and then everyone else to every 10 days or so.
    I've never had a single problem with Pro-Line cages. They are probably the easiest to make into display cages because of the big door, but yeah that's another story.

I don't weigh the snakes or any of the prey items. She is about 4.5 feet long though.

VERY, very picky eater and she has eaten only once in a year before. Now she seems to be putting on some good girth.

I've been giving her large rats for probably 2 years. She's can take them easily but they are live and I don't like the risk. It is what it is though.

Everybody here gets large rats sans the retic.

The carpet and BC will take 2 pound rabbits as well. I typically have at least a month go by before feeding the boa, and the carpet will sometimes wait 2 months. She will also eat 2 large rats. She eats the most of them all. The carpet is about as picky as the royal LOL!

The royal does her thing. She gets one large rat whenever she wants. Usually every month or more but now and then every 3 weeks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I've never had a single problem with Pro-Line cages. They are probably the easiest to make into display cages because of the big door, but yeah that's another story.

I don't weigh the snakes or any of the prey items. She is about 4.5 feet long though.

VERY, very picky eater and she has eaten only once in a year before. Now she seems to be putting on some good girth.

I've been giving her large rats for probably 2 years. She's can take them easily but they are live and I don't like the risk. It is what it is though.

Everybody here gets large rats sans the retic.

The carpet and BC will take 2 pound rabbits as well. I typically have at least a month go by before feeding the boa, and the carpet will sometimes wait 2 months. She will also eat 2 large rats. She eats the most of them all. The carpet is about as picky as the royal LOL!

The royal does her thing. She gets one large rat whenever she wants. Usually every month or more but now and then every 3 weeks.
    Ok cool. Yeah I just feed Rosey(7') a 240-260g rat every 3 weeks. Vicky(5') gets around a 150g rat every 2-3 weeks. Dottie gets around a 150g rat a week too but I've been thinking of going up to a 200ish gram rat since a medium doesn't seem to really fill her up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Ok cool. Yeah I just feed Rosey(7') a 240-260g rat every 3 weeks. Vicky(5') gets around a 150g rat every 2-3 weeks. Dottie gets around a 150g rat a week too but I've been thinking of going up to a 200ish gram rat since a medium doesn't seem to really fill her up.
    I should weigh mine out to see the difference, if any in the larges we feed. I think your royal is probably a bit larger than my son's. I think she'll easily take larges if they are the same size as mine. My large rats are pretty big. Wallace would not be capable right now, but mediums are coming.

I'll weigh one tomorrow if I can. Don't forget about large quail!!

Thanks

I should weigh mine out to see the difference, if any in the larges we feed. I think your royal is probably a bit larger than my son's. I think she'll easily take larges if they are the same size as mine. My large rats are pretty big. Wallace would not be capable right now, but mediums are coming.

I'll weigh one tomorrow if I can. Don't forget about large quail!!
    Lol yeah, I'll probably pick up a larger size quail for Caesar next week. I also talked to the gal today and checked out her small gpigs. They are still a bit on the big side for Caesar.

And yeah, Dottie could probably take a large rat but I think I'll keep her mediums as she seems more consistent on feeding with smaller prey. When I give her large mediums, she sometimes skips a week or 2 like now haha.

And yeah you should weigh them just for comparison. I know Rosey eats about a 250g rat and Vick just ate a 205g rat tonight which filled her up nicely. And since dot didn't want to eat, I gave Caesar a 150g medium which he missed about 2 times as he is deep in blue. He sat there and I put it right up to his lips and he grabbed it haha. Think he kind of said 'ok screw this noise, hand feed me!! I'm in shed you fool and cant see anything!!" lol

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Hey,

are the heads of your coastals a bit more flat as well?

......... I read in Nick and Justin's book some coastals have flatter heads. It may have been a locale of coastal. I'll have to re-read it.
    You have good recall Gio!

I was photo flipping through Nick's book today and came across the part about the Coastal heads that I had underlined.

He said that the Southern locale Coastals have the flatter head.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    You have good recall Gio!

I was photo flipping through Nick's book today and came across the part about the Coastal heads that I had underlined.

He said that the Southern locale Coastals have the flatter head.
    Well, that's interesting and I did re-read that as well.

Most of our coastals in the states are the Northern variety. Nick is one of few that has the Brisbane Coastals.

I'm certain my girly is a mix so maybe in the genetics there is something "south" in her LOL!

However her head is far from large. I guess Ill see if the girth and head size comes after she gets to be 5 years old. I have a feeling she'll be a slender adult with an average or smaller head for the species, but time will tell.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Yeah, I'm wondering the same about my pair of 3.5 year olds.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12