Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,055

2 members and 3,053 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

View Poll Results: what do u think of the Stormtrooper BP?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • it's awesome and amazing

82 70.09%
  • it was pretty awesome while it lasted

32 27.35%
  • i don't like it

3 2.56%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: The Stormtrooper!!

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I guess that does limit you somewhat. I'm not sure how the "market" is on reptiles in Canada, or how the laws are, but you might just have to wait a bit longer to get animals at the prices we can get them at. If it was allowed, and if I were to visit Canada, I'd bring you one

But I guess that would be considered smuggling
    Honestly due to the exchange rates our prices SHOULD never be as low as yours. I'm not really very knowledgable about business (though I have signed up for a year of business after I finish my bsc) so I can't really talk about the "market".

I know you were joking about smuggling but I seem to recall a story going something along the lines of every beardie descending from smuggled adults brought in by one of the hobby's founding fathers. Also carpet morphs from Australia have a habit of magically appearing in Europe with no explanation of how they got there.

Smuggling isn't unheard of in the hobby but it is frowned upon and highly illegal. I wouldn't suggest anyone attempt it especially when it's legal to import stuff lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kxr; 02-28-2017 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Grammar and stuff

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kxr For This Useful Post:

Ballpythonguy92 (02-28-2017)

Registered User Ballpythonguy92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kxr View Post
    Honestly due to the exchange rates our prices SHOULD never be as low as yours. I'm not really very knowledgable about business (though I have signed up for a year of business after I finish my bsc) so I can't really talk about the "market".

I know you were joking about smuggling but I seem to recall a story going something along the lines of every beardie descending from smuggled adults brought in by one of the hobby's founding fathers. Also carpet morphs from Australia have a habit of magically appearing in Europe with no explanation of how they got there.

Smuggling isn't unheard of in the hobby but it is frowned upon and highly illegal. I wouldn't suggest anyone attempt it especially when it's legal to import stuff lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had bought a super dwarf reticulated python full grown at 8ft just like 1.5 inches under anyway like 3 and a half years ago me not knowing anything about the laws and what not where I love and I had accidentally bought an illegal snake and worse paid for it to be shipped from Toronto to British Columbia and I frantically called and emailed the seller and left messages saying please cancel the shipment of the SD RETIC as its illegal to own in my area 1 day later sure enough a knock on my door and it's a live reptile box my heart sank I was like now what do I do? I kept him hidden for about 4 months and he was amazing for the time being he was super active when hungry and he wouldn't nip no matter how hungry he got but he would head butt you lol anyway the seller contacted me 6 and a half months after and said he was in the hospital in a coma idk if it's true or not like what's the odds you shipped the snake while in the hospital you had plenty enough time to cancel the shipment I had even said please don't I don't want him being killed as a result of being found but keep the money and the shipping cost and send me pair axanthic hognoses and a mohagany ball python sex doesn't matter and nope no reply even though he aamted he knew it was illegal and had to go back like an hour later and say it's a different box this is a red tail boa but I did end up finding him a lovey caring home with a massive encloser in their gigantic garage lol it was atleast 11ft tall I believe 6ft wide and a length of the entire garage so around 17ft and it has a concrete pond that drains into the sewer tons of live plants and trees lol everytime I go their I have to see my old buddy and then day when we going to camp in your mini amazon I'll snag pictures next time I go to 100 mile house

retro gaming pokemon for gbc/gba p.s. I've never played go nor shall i !!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ballpythonguy92 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (10-11-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    let's have a discussion about the Stormtrooper BP by JD Constrictors!

when this BP first stormed the scene, minds were blown! it was a pure black and white snake. no grey in between. it had a very clear and constrasting pattern. i mean look at this awesome girl!

the Stormtrooper hatched in the Summer of 2015. it started turning to the "darkside" sometime during the Winter of 2015/2016. it started blacking out and losing it's clear lines. it was probably around 6 months old by this point and i couldn't accurately guess her weight, but she looks perfectly plump.

this is the latest pix i could find of the Stormtrooper. it's probably around 1.5 years old at this point and per JD, has stopped changing colors.

anyway what do u think of the Stormtrooper? personally i'm disappointed that it started blacking out and lost it's pattern. but what can u do? it is what it is. i don't think it looks entirely like crap, but it has lost a major part of it's appeal.

the Stormtrooper has been on display at the big, big shows and at one point had a $50k price tag. from what i understand, it's no longer for sale and JD will be breeding it to try and figure out what the hell is going on.

i think it's still a cool BP and but i'm not in love with it anymore. i still look forward to seeing what happens with the project. hopefully it's not a one-off snake and there's something genetic in there. exciting things can still happen.

anyway what do u think?
    Been following him for a while and this stunner of a ball python since he first announced and shown it off I was blown away at the stark contrast between the whites and black then when he places it next the the exact same morph it's like 100× cleaner/better looking lol

Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 06-08-2017 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks

Well I'm a firm believer and have been saying it for about 4 years about 5 morphs lol but it's mainly my vpi axanthic female I have always said she's going to everything because everything is better with axanthic lol like Mr. JD constriction and I want to see a blue and pure ball python with visible green not just some green hues although I have seen some from Kevin Mccurly that have these darker greenish circles on their sides sometimes not circles and lighter green lol soo cool

Thanks
    I like it, even after it has changed with age.
    Streller
    1.0 Normal - Poseidon - Adult
    0.1 Lesser YB - Amphitrite - Adult

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    I still love that it is ONLY black and white. I think that is amazing. She is a pretty girl. I would LOVE to have her.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks

Unhappy Re: The Stormtrooper!!

I think she's still a very cool looking snake, but in my opinion she's nowhere near as stunning as when she was younger. I loved those clean lines. I am disappoint.
    Sarah G.
    -----------

1.1 Ball Pythons, Kermit & Lily | 0.1 Corn Snake, Princess Coils | 1.0 Betta Fish, Orchid | 9.4 Goldfish | 1.0 Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure, Gremlin | 0.1 Carolina Dog, Foxy | 0.1 Cat, Blaze

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    anyone heard or seen any updates on this girl? anyone seen it at NARBC Tinley Park or JD say anything?
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

anyone heard or seen any updates on this girl? anyone seen it at NARBC Tinley Park or JD say anything?
    Stormtrooper update - she sits around 1000grams currently and looks like this:

more info: https://www.facebook.com/jdconstrict...type=3&theater
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Mr. Misha (11-07-2017),SDA (11-07-2017),tttaylorrr (11-08-2017),zina10 (11-07-2017)

Thanks

Stormtrooper update - she sits around 1000grams currently and looks like this:

more info: https://www.facebook.com/jdconstrict...type=3&theater
    That's a gorgeous snake!
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast