Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,719

3 members and 2,716 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

View Poll Results: what do u think of the Stormtrooper BP?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • it's awesome and amazing

82 70.09%
  • it was pretty awesome while it lasted

32 27.35%
  • i don't like it

3 2.56%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Still a very cool snake, but yes, it lost what had originally made it "amazing".

I wouldn't mind the blacking out at all !! If only that brownish/gray hadn't filled in all the top spots.

That is the thing with ball python morph hatchlings, though. Many look simply mind blowing at a young age. Then slowly muddy and dull up. Many still look cool, of course, but nothing like they did when they were hatchlings.

That is why I'm so excited for people to work with morphs that are known to actually IMPROVE with age. Such as the desert ghost and some others. The single and double genes may not look as "crazy" as some of the other hatchling morphs, but wait till they grow up. So clean, such contrast, such color ! All the while improving with age.

I can't wait to see all the cool combos that will start coming out as more people work with these genes.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks

Re: The Stormtrooper!!

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Still a very cool snake, but yes, it lost what had originally made it "amazing".

I wouldn't mind the blacking out at all !! If only that brownish/gray hadn't filled in all the top spots.

That is the thing with ball python morph hatchlings, though. Many look simply mind blowing at a young age. Then slowly muddy and dull up. Many still look cool, of course, but nothing like they did when they were hatchlings.

That is why I'm so excited for people to work with morphs that are known to actually IMPROVE with age. Such as the desert ghost and some others. The single and double genes may not look as "crazy" as some of the other hatchling morphs, but wait till they grow up. So clean, such contrast, such color ! All the while improving with age.

I can't wait to see all the cool combos that will start coming out as more people work with these genes.
    Desert ghost is going to be a must have for any breeders in the coming years and with so many people working with them they should become more affordable too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

So tempting to just order one of these little girls right now but of course that price tag and doesn't (for right now) fit into future plans

1.0 pastel 100% het piebald
    0.1 pastel enchi 100% het clown

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kxr View Post
    Desert ghost is going to be a must have for any breeders in the coming years and with so many people working with them they should become more affordable too

The thing is...they are really affordable already. Unless you get a 3 gene combo (or up?)

I have seen one gene Desert Ghosts that were breath taking ! But even a 2 gene like Pastel DG is really not that bad in price. I think many people get taken in with the really wild and crazy looking hatchlings, while DG can look amazing but not "crazy". The crazy comes later with them, when they improve rather then dull out or muddy up.

I'm hoping as more and more combos come out, they will become more popular. I like to keep my snakes long term, so one that looks spectacular as an adult is really appealing to me
    Last edited by zina10; 02-27-2017 at 08:00 PM.
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

kxr (02-27-2017)

Thanks

The thing is...they are really affordable already. Unless you get a 3 gene combo (or up?)

I have seen one gene Desert Ghosts that were breath taking ! But even a 2 gene like Pastel DG is really not that bad in price. I think many people see taken in with the really wild and crazy looking hatchlings, while DG can look amazing but not "crazy". The crazy comes later with them, when they improve rather then dull our or muddy up.

I'm hoping as more and more combos come out, they will become more popular. I like to keep my snakes long term, so one that looks as spectacular as an adult is really appealing to me
    Yeah... unless you live outside of the U.S. To be fair a female single gene is only about 800 I believe and a pastel is only $1200. I'm gonna wait though, I really have my heart set on a vanilla desert ghost. Hopefully someday someone outside of the us (and I only know of one person working on it there) will produce one lol

Last edited by kxr; 02-27-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks
    I didn't take into account where you live

I got my pastel DG for $560 (normally $750) so I consider myself fortunate

A vanilla Desert Ghost would be awesome !!
    Zina

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

kxr (02-27-2017)

Thanks

I didn't take into account where you live

I got my pastel DG for $560 (normally $750) so I consider myself fortunate

A vanilla Desert Ghost would be awesome !!
    Lol it's okay I didn't mean anything by what I said. I'm glad the prices are dropping in the U.S. as that has a big effect on the prices here as well.

Until recently not many people worked with dg up here. As more people start breeding the morph I imagine the price will decrease quite a bit levelling somewhere close to what they are in the states.

I really think a vanilla scream desert ghost will be amazing. That's one of my semi-short term goals

Thanks

Lol it's okay I didn't mean anything by what I said. I'm glad the prices are dropping in the U.S. as that has a big effect on the prices here as well.

Until recently not many people worked with dg up here. As more people start breeding the morph I imagine the price will decrease quite a bit levelling somewhere close to what they are in the states.

I really think a vanilla scream desert ghost will be amazing. That's one of my semi-short term goals

I never really thought about it, but is there a way to ship a snake to Canada ? Or a group of snakes ?
    I know US breeders are shipping to Germany, but they usually ship a bunch all at once (I think)

Are you allowed to bring a snake into Canada when you are traveling ? Like visiting someone ? I hope you get to fulfill your dream, and soon, too
    Zina

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

kxr (02-28-2017)

Thanks

I never really thought about it, but is there a way to ship a snake to Canada ? Or a group of snakes ?
    I know US breeders are shipping to Germany, but they usually ship a bunch all at once (I think)

Are you allowed to bring a snake into Canada when you are traveling ? Like visiting someone ? I hope you get to fulfill your dream, and soon, too
    Yeah, I'm not sure on the specifics as I've never imported anything but you definitely can. You need to go through cites the same way you would have to if you shipped to Germany.

I know somewhere along the line there's a tremendous expense. I'm not sure if it's the cites permits or the shipping or something else that jacks the prices up but it is expensive to import animals. That's why people usually do groups of animals when they import stuff. Sort of like if you're going to have ridiculously high import costs you might as well get your money's worth.

I'm not exactly sure how expensive it is but if it's as much as some people make it out to be there are very few animals I would ever consider importing. The two that come to mind are sunset and monsoon however by the time I'm even remotely in the position to realistically consider something like that (if I ever am) someone else will have likely brought them in.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kxr For This Useful Post:

zina10 (02-28-2017)

Thanks

Yeah, I'm not sure on the specifics as I've never imported anything but you definitely can. You need to go through cites the same way you would have to if you shipped to Germany.

I know somewhere along the line there's a tremendous expense. I'm not sure if it's the cites permits or the shipping or something else that jacks the prices up but it is expensive to import animals. That's why people usually do groups of animals when they import stuff. Sort of like if you're going to have ridiculously high import costs you might as well get your money's worth.

I'm not exactly sure how expensive it is but if it's as much as some people make it out to be there are very few animals I would ever consider importing. The two that come to mind are sunset and monsoon however by the time I'm even remotely in the position to realistically consider something like that (if I ever am) someone else will have likely brought them in.

I guess that does limit you somewhat. I'm not sure how the "market" is on reptiles in Canada, or how the laws are, but you might just have to wait a bit longer to get animals at the prices we can get them at. If it was allowed, and if I were to visit Canada, I'd bring you one

But I guess that would be considered smuggling
    Zina

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast