Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,407

2 members and 3,405 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: First BP.

Thanks

Re: First BP.

Something curios happened the other day. I usually handle kira while on my bed watching tv. And she is trying to throw herself off the bed and I try to stop her from doing so. Oh by the way she is still kind of skittish, all my moves have to be very slow and gentile and she has to se my hand approaching, otherwise she would get scared and jump back. Never tagged just jumping backwards.

The other day we watched a whole movie while she was just curled under my hand just moving a little her head from one side to the other and I was rubbing her back with my thumb. This is an extremely unusual behavior for her.

But the really weird thing was that when I got up to put her back and slowly took my hand off of her she got super scared and jumped back super fast. I usually know what scares her and try not to do it, but this was completely unprovoked . Don't know what I did to get that reaction, I stretched to turn on the lights before moving my hand, moved super slowly, I even got my body to some distance so she wouldn't feel like with someone on top of her. That was just weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Hi again everyone!
    I have a question if someone could please help me.
    Two weeks ago I changed Kira from mouse to rat fuzzies f/t, she didn't seemed interested (wired she ate like a pig) after offering without success I left it for a couple of hrs, when I went back to see, it was gone.

Last week I tried the same but nothing, first week she doesn't eat since she's with me. Tonight she was very interested, she flicked all around like crazy but not taking it, I left it in the enclosure and she went to smell and see what was it she even moved it with her nostrils a little, but she is just not eating.

Any suggestions?

Thanks people!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike17 View Post
    Hi again everyone!
    I have a question if someone could please help me.
    Two weeks ago I changed Kira from mouse to rat fuzzies f/t, she didn't seemed interested (wired she ate like a pig) after offering without success I left it for a couple of hrs, when I went back to see, it was gone.

Last week I tried the same but nothing, first week she doesn't eat since she's with me. Tonight she was very interested, she flicked all around like crazy but not taking it, I left it in the enclosure and she went to smell and see what was it she even moved it with her nostrils a little, but she is just not eating.

Any suggestions?

Thanks people!!!
    making the switch can be difficult for some beeps, but if she has taken a rat before i would not give her a mouse ever again. be patient, hunger always wins. just make sure not to offer too soon after a refusal, as this can lead to stress. next feeding turn out as many lights as possible, make sure the rat is nice and warm and offer it asap, see what happens.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Has anyone had an experience like this?

Today my rat provider told me he didn't have any rats the size Kira is taking. Instead he gave me 2 smaller rats.

Kira took the first like usual. And 5 minutes after she swallowed I warmed the second and as soon as I was lowering it, she struck with a violence she has never before, with a single bite she tore the skin and broke the back. BUT didn't took it, as fast as she hit, she disappeared into her hide. Leaving the destroyed rat behind.

I've never seen anything like that before.

Thanks

I'll go chill in mu place... or not???

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike17 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-02-2017)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678