Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,130

1 members and 3,129 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: First BP.

Thanks

Re: First BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike17 View Post
    About the activity yes, thank you!!! there was a huge dump hidden in her hide. lol. It was kind of stuck to the hide, when I raised it I didn't saw it, was lil' tricky to find it.

And about the lump, here are some pics of the feed and of today, after feed...

BTW, she did these awkward move twice, is that her just helping her get the mouse down the chute or is that the unfamous spider wobble?

This is just now, in my inexperience I don't see any noticeable lump on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The same thing happened to me once! Lol, it was stuck to the inside of the hide. They like to poop on there, for some reason. And youre welcome!

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gc99 For This Useful Post:

Mike17 (04-24-2017)

Thanks

Looks good to me. As long as she doesnt look like she has a football in her stomach, it was a good sized meal. Did she go back in her hide?

Thanks

You can check my thread "Feeding size" if you want to, i had a question about the bumps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gc99 View Post
    Looks good to me. As long as she doesnt look like she has a football in her stomach, it was a good sized meal. Did she go back in her hide?

Thank you very much!!! Yes she went straight back in.

Thanks

Hahaha i knew it. They are very smart animals, if they stayed near their poop in nature they would be food

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gc99 For This Useful Post:

Mike17 (04-24-2017)

Thanks

And youre very welcome!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gc99 For This Useful Post:

Mike17 (02-28-2017)

Thanks

Also, go with your feeding schedule. Dont over feed, and make sure the mouse is fully thawed

Thanks

What a mess!!! Today is feeding day and Kira as usual wakes up and is ready for action as soon as she smells mouse.

I offered, she bit immediately and rolled slightly (as usual) and I thought or didn't thought, what if... I simulate the mouse is still alive by moving it a little with the tongs?

DUMB!!! She squished the bejesus out of that mouse! I swear she was gonna pop it! squished for like 10 min. Then she wasn't able to let go, her teeth were stuck on the mouses' belly so she dragged it all around (that was actually funny).

By the time she managed to let go, she was on her water bowl, yup! dinner took a bath. And the mouse all covered in blood. The weirdest thing was how much time she took to find the head.

First tried the tail (failed), went back to the torso (fail), smelled the head and went back to the tail... that for other 10 min.

She finally found the head and swallowed inside her water, she definitely ingested a serious amount of bloody water. Hope it don't affect her digestion.

Moral? DON'T PLAY WITH THE FOOD!!!

Thanks

What a mess!!! Today is feeding day and Kira as usual wakes up and is ready for action as soon as she smells mouse.

I offered, she bit immediately and rolled slightly (as usual) and I thought or didn't thought, what if... I simulate the mouse is still alive by moving it a little with the tongs?

DUMB!!! She squished the bejesus out of that mouse! I swear she was gonna pop it! squished for like 10 min. Then she wasn't able to let go, her teeth were stuck on the mouses' belly so she dragged it all around (that was actually funny).

By the time she managed to let go, she was on her water bowl, yup! dinner took a bath. And the mouse all covered in blood. The weirdest thing was how much time she took to find the head.

First tried the tail (failed), went back to the torso (fail), smelled the head and went back to the tail... that for other 10 min.

She finally found the head and swallowed inside her water, she definitely ingested a serious amount of bloody water. Hope it don't affect her digestion.

Moral? DON'T PLAY WITH THE FOOD!!!

Sounds exactly like the first time i fed my bp, she went straight in the water bowl lol

Thanks

Ok so today will be cleaning day. I haven't found much info on the topic maybe because it is a no brainer for normal people, but fortunately may parents always hired aid for cleaning so I've found the rough way I never developed those skills (when I moved on my own I couldn't tell between the washing machine and the dryer) LOL! I'm improving!!! One step at a time.

Ok so step by step the plan is:
    1. Put Kira on my biggest tupperweare with a shirt inside and cover it, not sealed.
    2. Remove the decors and put everything on a tub to deal with later.
    3. Disassemble al the lights, misting system, UTH, etc. and take the tub to the yard.
    3. Dispose the substrate, soak it, apply product, let it sit for 5-10 min, scrub, rinse thoroughly and dry.
    4. Pretty much the same for the hides, just watter and hand rubbing por the plastic plants.
    5. New substrate, put everything back.
    6. Play with Kira for a while, and then put her back in.

And that's it?!?! If I am missing something Or got something wrong pleas let me know. Thanks!!!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast