Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,201

1 members and 3,200 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Sweet little newcomer

Thought I'd stop in and introduce little Wyrm. She was $45 from a petco sale (I know, I know, petco. But mine has typically impressed me with their animals' health so I've never avoided them and never had issue, though this little girl was awfully tiny) so she's still in quarantine of course, but she's already eagerly eaten twice for me, was 60g when I brought her home, 70g before her last meal, and she seems to be doing well so far ~

Pic from when I first brought her home:

She was bought as a 'basic ball python', I had assumed her a pinstripe, looking at her better I feel like she might be a (probably low quality?) lemonblast? But idk. She's an adorable pet regardless and I'm gonna love to see her grow from a scrawny little worm into a great Wyrm. :3
    Reptiles:
    1.1 Crested geckos (0.1 Halloween Harlequin Mana, 1.0 Red Mokuba)
    3.3 Ball Pythons (1.1 Mojave Odin, Shallan, 0.1 Lemonblast Wyrm, 0.1 Phantom Goblin Vida, 1.0 Genetic Stripe Dalinar, 1.0 Spider Tien)
    1.2 Cornsnake (0.1 Anery Rifter, 0.1 Hypo Motley/Stripe Saedian, 1.0 Ghost Dwimor)
    Mammals:
    1.0 Dog (1.0 Red Sesame Shiba Inu Renjirou)
    2.0 Cats (1.0 Black DSH Wolverine, 1.0 Red Patterned and White Japanese Bobtail Rosswelle)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CitricPrincess For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (02-15-2017),Deu2e (02-15-2017),Finn0208 (02-15-2017),Kira (02-15-2017),Slither Seeker (02-16-2017),Sonny1318 (03-05-2017),tttaylorrr (02-16-2017)

Thanks

Re: Sweet little newcomer

I rescued my pinstripe male from Petsmart, he was there for months bc no one would buy him for $200, so I paid like maybe $30 for him. I love him more than anything and he is a growing happy boy now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts
    Congrats!

Thanks
    She is beautiful!! My girl is a lemonblast as well, but mine is very very bright yellow, maybe thats why they called it a citrus lemonblast at the reptile store i got her from eventhough i havent found anythimg under that name lol.
    IMO you got a beutiful lemonblast

Thanks
    Thank you guys :3

Apparently petco, or the one here anyway, has stopped trying to list morphs separately and now just has 'basic' which, by description is wildtype or any single dominate or codom gene (the only one my petco has in stock. Currently they just have a pastel or two and a couple spiders, all seem healthy, and then there was the tiny worm I grabbed), some title I don't remember, that the description said comes from breeding spiders and pastels together, so I guess just bumblebee? And then there are rare, which the description said were recessive genes. But they have a sale at the ones around here at least till march 4th where all 'basic ball pythons' are 50% off from their normal price of $90. This pinner had been catching my eye for a while every time I went in to get food for anyone or anything, so seeing she was included in that deal I had to get her.

So do you guys think she's a lemonblast? I didn't think so at first, as most I see are much brighter yellow. But when I brought her home and looked at her more her colors do seem lighter than any other Pin I've seen and that light color on her sides seem to go up much higher, and she has some gold looking speckling on her back, espcially on her neck, that looks like what I've seen on some pastels, and the outline of her headstamp seems lighter in the way most lemonblasts seem to have.

Anyways. She's already proving to have a lovely personality. Barely been headshy at all, and took no patience eating. The first meal I had to drop in and leave her for a few hours, but it was only a few days after I got her and I didn't expect her to be up for eating at all, but I was feeding Rift and Shallan anyways and she was so skinny so I figured why not throw one in and see if she's up for it. Apparently she was. Second meal she took barely a moment to consider before striking. It's feeding day again tomorrow, and I fully expect her to be similarly eager. Much easier than Shallan, who finally started striking when I was present fairly recently.
    Reptiles:
    1.1 Crested geckos (0.1 Halloween Harlequin Mana, 1.0 Red Mokuba)
    3.3 Ball Pythons (1.1 Mojave Odin, Shallan, 0.1 Lemonblast Wyrm, 0.1 Phantom Goblin Vida, 1.0 Genetic Stripe Dalinar, 1.0 Spider Tien)
    1.2 Cornsnake (0.1 Anery Rifter, 0.1 Hypo Motley/Stripe Saedian, 1.0 Ghost Dwimor)
    Mammals:
    1.0 Dog (1.0 Red Sesame Shiba Inu Renjirou)
    2.0 Cats (1.0 Black DSH Wolverine, 1.0 Red Patterned and White Japanese Bobtail Rosswelle)

Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CitricPrincess View Post
    Thank you guys :3

Apparently petco, or the one here anyway, has stopped trying to list morphs separately and now just has 'basic' which, by description is wildtype or any single dominate or codom gene (the only one my petco has in stock. Currently they just have a pastel or two and a couple spiders, all seem healthy, and then there was the tiny worm I grabbed), some title I don't remember, that the description said comes from breeding spiders and pastels together, so I guess just bumblebee? And then there are rare, which the description said were recessive genes. But they have a sale at the ones around here at least till march 4th where all 'basic ball pythons' are 50% off from their normal price of $90. This pinner had been catching my eye for a while every time I went in to get food for anyone or anything, so seeing she was included in that deal I had to get her.

So do you guys think she's a lemonblast? I didn't think so at first, as most I see are much brighter yellow. But when I brought her home and looked at her more her colors do seem lighter than any other Pin I've seen and that light color on her sides seem to go up much higher, and she has some gold looking speckling on her back, espcially on her neck, that looks like what I've seen on some pastels, and the outline of her headstamp seems lighter in the way most lemonblasts seem to have.

Anyways. She's already proving to have a lovely personality. Barely been headshy at all, and took no patience eating. The first meal I had to drop in and leave her for a few hours, but it was only a few days after I got her and I didn't expect her to be up for eating at all, but I was feeding Rift and Shallan anyways and she was so skinny so I figured why not throw one in and see if she's up for it. Apparently she was. Second meal she took barely a moment to consider before striking. It's feeding day again tomorrow, and I fully expect her to be similarly eager. Much easier than Shallan, who finally started striking when I was present fairly recently.
    I'm going to say just a pinstripe, most LB's are a fair bit more yellow than that. My girl is a pretty bright yellow. Good looking snake regardless!

I noticed petco and petsmart are listing BP's around here as normal or "fancy" aka pastels lol. I've never seen anything past a pastel at my local big box stores lol.
    Last edited by predatorkeeper87; 02-16-2017 at 07:00 AM.

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts
    We have a Albino, Pied & Normal here at our store... I hate it, they have been here for months and months and I wish I could save them all... But they order more everytime one goes so that wouldn't work...
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

se7en (02-17-2017)

Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sully View Post
    We have a Albino, Pied & Normal here at our store... I hate it, they have been here for months and months and I wish I could save them all... But they order more everytime one goes so that wouldn't work...
    ya unfortunately its not a rescue from a big box....just an enabling act...

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to predatorkeeper87 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (02-16-2017),GoingPostal (02-16-2017),PitOnTheProwl (02-16-2017),se7en (02-17-2017),Sonny1318 (02-16-2017),tttaylorrr (02-16-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sully View Post
    Wow, I've never seen anything other than normal, pinstripes, spiders and pastels at any Petco. I did see a banana at PetSmart, been there a while. I'm not surprised since they wanted $400 for it (I didn't inquire about the sex). They usually have the same inventory as Petco though.

Thanks
    The Petsmart near me gets some great morphs in, but they are super overpriced and not worth the convenience just to avoid shipping costs. Just recently I saw a few lovely pieds, a BEL, and a very cute banana. I haven't been to Petco in a while so I don't know what they've had recently.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake (Nienna)
    2.1 Cats (Suki, Daisuke, and Kyo)
    0.0.2 Leopard Geckos (Chi and Pixel)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast