Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,661

2 members and 2,659 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Good Trio

Thanks

Re: A Good Trio

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    I think just one Firefly is under budget, and a Banana Pied is way over budget, can't get a Banana Pied for less than $1,250.

Here's a Firefly for $90 HA

http://www.morphmarket.com/us/c/rept...-pythons/47509
    Yeah sorry. I'm still learning about all the prices. One day I'm sure! Cheers

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yozface View Post
    Yeah sorry. I'm still learning about all the prices. And i meant firefly pied. Love those pieds. One day!! Cheers

Registered User Balls2(2)TheWalls's Avatar
    Thanks

The budget is 500, but you can pull 150 extra if you need too. So yeah 650 is the very most you could go.
    Last edited by Balls2(2)TheWalls; 02-15-2017 at 07:59 PM. Reason: whoops

Thanks

Ultramel, coral glow, leopard. I think with some shopping around could get those 3 on that budget. Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    0.1 Woma Pinstripe "Gemma"
    0.1 Ultramel "Lyla"
    0.1 Bamboo Woma "Tara"
    0.1 Rio(Super Arroyo) "Wendy"
    1.0 Clown "Happy"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Ghost "Unser"
    1.0 KillerBee Yellow Belly "Half-Sack"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kxr View Post
    If they aren't being bred why do you need three? I'd rather have one jaw dropping $600 animal then try to budget myself to three $200 animals.
    Really? Is reptile keeping all about breeding? Is it that important to produce more BPs for an already over saturated market? Why should the hobbyist who enjoys keeping, but not breeding, limit themselves to a single animal? If a non breeder preferred a "single jaw dropping" animal, that's their choice, nothing wrong with that. If another prefers multiple animals, that's their choice. Does a non breeder "need" more than one animal? No they don't. Does a breeder "need" more than two animals? No they don't.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DennisM For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (02-16-2017),ladywhipple02 (02-16-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisM View Post
    Really? Is reptile keeping all about breeding? Is it that important to produce more BPs for an already over saturated market? Why should the hobbyist who enjoys keeping, but not breeding, limit themselves to a single animal? If a non breeder preferred a "single jaw dropping" animal, that's their choice, nothing wrong with that. If another prefers multiple animals, that's their choice. Does a non breeder "need" more than one animal? No they don't. Does a breeder "need" more than two animals? No they don't.

There is really no need to attack me for stating my opinion is there? I simply stated that I would rather have one really amazing animal then three animals if I wasn't breeding. The pricing is really irrelevant and maybe I shouldn't have said one $600 animal. I would rather put that money towards buying the animal that most catches my eye at an expo for example then trying to budget myself three animals.

I also simply asked why the OP wanted three, why is three the magic number? Why not one? Two? Five? Maybe the OP asked because they have three kids and wants to buy them all a bp. How would I know? I apologize if you didn't like my wording. Maybe it sounded a little too concrete.

I'm really starting to feel like I should just stop posting on these forums... I'm obviously doing something wrong here

Thanks

There is really no need to attack me for stating my opinion is there? I simply stated that I would rather have one really amazing animal then three animals if I wasn't breeding. The pricing is really irrelevant and maybe I shouldn't have said one $600 animal. I would rather put that money towards buying the animal that most catches my eye at an expo for example then trying to budget myself three animals.

I also simply asked why the OP wanted three, why is three the magic number? Why not one? Two? Five? Maybe the OP asked because they have three kids and wants to buy them all a bp. How would I know? I apologize if you didn't like my wording. Maybe it sounded a little too concrete.

I'm really starting to feel like I should just stop posting on these forums... I'm obviously doing something wrong here
    Its thousands of people and its going off words where you cant hear a persons tone. Its like text. Sometimes things can be taken the wrong way or be read as more rude or confrontational than a person meant. I would not let things like that deter you from posting. You did a great job of explaining what you meant (not that i think you needed to) also if people simply stuck to answering the OPs question there would be no room for misunderstandings haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OTorresUSMC; 02-16-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    0.1 Woma Pinstripe "Gemma"
    0.1 Ultramel "Lyla"
    0.1 Bamboo Woma "Tara"
    0.1 Rio(Super Arroyo) "Wendy"
    1.0 Clown "Happy"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Ghost "Unser"
    1.0 KillerBee Yellow Belly "Half-Sack"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OTorresUSMC For This Useful Post:

kxr (02-16-2017)

Thanks

I would personally go for a Pied, a Super Fire, and either a Pastel or Firefly.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake (Nienna)
    2.1 Cats (Suki, Daisuke, and Kyo)
    0.0.2 Leopard Geckos (Chi and Pixel)

Thanks

I was not attacking you. I noted that your preference was perfectly fine. so is OP's.

Thanks

I'm a keeper at the moment, rather than a breeder, and I've looked at thousands of pictures on WOBP and Morphmarket, pricing out what I like vs. space I currently have available.

I started with the basic morphs I really liked that were popularly/easily bred into BPs, specifically spider, calico, and leopards in my case. From there, I built on them with traits I liked - bright/high white sides, cleanliness of pattern, etc. Then I started looking at price and what was available. Cross-checked breeders, etc. Look some more. And on and on.

There are so many options in this market, that it really pays to look around and find out what you like. It may be something completely different that what others will show you (I love bright stuff and high white sides, but my husband is more a fan of naturals and dark colors... so I know at some point I'm going to have to build that in somewhere for his putting up with me and my hobby lol).
    Last edited by ladywhipple02; 02-16-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast