Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,012

0 members and 3,012 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Pics of early blisters/scale rot?

Anyone has pics of early symptoms of blisters? I think our unlucky whiteout corn snake girl has it...

I really hope it's not what I think as she was healthy for the last 6 months (she was having very bad protozoa and pneumonia for more than half year after I got her).

Of course I'll go to the vet with her as soon as possible, but the vet won't have time until next week. Would just like to see if it really is blisters, or maybe something different.

It's like she has some dry oil on her belly that shines opaque, and the edges of some scales are brownish-yellow and looks like they are scratched/vanquishing. Hard to describe it well, maybe pics will help.

She has it on the sides of her belly (around 5 damaged scales on one side, and a looot more on the other side), and there are these small transparent "dry film" pieces that fell/sticks from it.

As for husbandry she is always on paper towel due to problems with lungs from the other beddings. Also, could it be because she throwed her water bowls few times recently? I really keep her tank clean and hospital-style due to the vet confirming that she has poor immunity and all the previous health problems we had with her.

Pics:

Thanks for any help and sorry if I posted it in wrong section of the forum!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Pics of early blisters/scale rot?

Hey Sylph, sorry to hear of the dilemma. Did the vet recommend a immunity boosting supplement? Powder or liquid that could be used in conjunction with feeding? The discoloration in the scales does look suspicious but i would start with a deep cleaning of the enclosure (even though i know you said you are on top of that). Are the paper towels solid white and not the "printed " variety? Then try a 50/ 50 concentration of betadine to water on a paper towel or cloth to wipe down the areas of concern coupled with a slight boost in the ambient enclosure temperature. Monitor the progress and consider contacting the vet for this.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    Hi Albert, the vet just recommended to keep her warm and in clean quarantine-style tub/tank for the rest of her life. The paper towels we use are the clean, all-white ones. I already moved her to the spare tub we keep for cases like this, so she has it completely fresh, clean and warm (around 82 degree fahrenheit). I'll try the betadine solution and will wait for the next shed to see if it'll heal on its own. Of course if after shed it'll be still there, or if it will get worse in a few days then we will go to the vet (we need to get our turtle for check anyway, so it will be no problem).