Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,439

1 members and 3,438 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Am I NUTS or do you feel the same?

I have never heard such crazy questions. Supposedly there are no stupid questions if people want to learn.... However, what happened to common sense and research? Ive read (1st post) thread after thread in only 1.5 months -
    "Hi im new to snakes, I want to buy a few and then breed them, what kind of snake is best, what should I do as far as a tank, heat and feeding"... ???????
    Wait, so let me get this strait... You never owned a snake, you want SOME not one, and you want them all to make more snakes?? McFly... McFly...
    (I'm going to hit myself with a Tack Hammer hoping its all a nightmare for the Snakes Sake!!
    Has everyone lost their minds?? These are living things not Lego's
    (I needed to vent, I feel like im in the Twilight Zone sometimes)
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bassball Fever (02-08-2017),bcr229 (02-08-2017),Coluber42 (02-08-2017),GoingPostal (02-08-2017),kxr (02-08-2017),montymiow (02-08-2017),PitOnTheProwl (02-08-2017),PokeyTheNinja (02-08-2017),redshepherd (02-08-2017),ShaneSilva (02-12-2017),tttaylorrr (02-08-2017)

Thanks

Re: Am I NUTS or do you feel the same?

You are most definitely not nuts, lol. I've seen people say to me they plan on breeding them AFTER me telling them they need a thermostat and humidity levels. I've almost gave up on the world's stupidity.

I agree there is not so much as stupid questions from people who genuinely want to learn, we all started with 0 knowledge at some point in our life and it's great these people ask such questions. But there is definitely such thing as stupid people who don't take the advice on thermostats (or any other advice for that matter) anyway and still want to breed.
    Last edited by montymiow; 02-08-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    1.0 Normal Royal Python
    0.1 Unknown Morph Royal
    0.1 Coastal Carpet Python
    0.1 Cat
    0.1 Dog ~ Bullmastif
    0.1 Boyfriend

4. The Following User Says Thank You to montymiow For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (02-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    we have the world's knowledge at our fingertips, and yet people can't seem to google their questions. some people think "online research" is clicking the first link from google, then when they realize it doesn't help, assume it's a mystery. there's an art to goole-fu.
    a lot of it could be impulse decision-making: not looking past their own gains before recognizing they are caring for a living being. the ignorance could also be a mindset of snakes being "just dumb murder machines they don't need care, and they don't poop, right??" (gosh the questions i've gotten when people learn i own snakes is astounding and a bit sad.)
    the ones who chime in saying the want to get elbow-deep in breeding yet have never owned a snake is startling. these are not plug-and-play money machines, they're living beings! i would love to breed some day, but i still have a lot to learn and i recognize that. how can people not accept their ignorance and try to change it? the best we can do is try to educate them and really bring home the truth that these are animals who will rely on you for care for 20+ years.
    as my father says: "it takes all kinds of people to make up this crazy world."
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 02-08-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And usually those are the people that will fail as a keeper and fail as a breeder, because if you have to be spoon fed and shows zero intention on doing your homework than you are not committed or have a real passion for those animals.
    Deborah Stewart

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (02-08-2017),PitOnTheProwl (02-08-2017),Seven-Thirty (02-08-2017),tttaylorrr (02-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by montymiow View Post
    You are most definitely not nuts, lol. I've seen people say to me they plan on breeding them AFTER me telling them they need a thermostat and humidity levels. I've almost gave up on the world's stupidity.

I agree there is not so much as stupid questions from people who genuinely want to learn, we all started with 0 knowledge at some point in our life and it's great these people ask such questions. But there is definitely such thing as stupid people who don't take the advice on thermostats (or any other advice for that matter) anyway and still want to breed.
    I agree 100% and im not trying to be a jerk, I just feel bad for the Animals..I ask questions too, but heck it isn't about how to keep something alive and heathy after I come home from a store wih it in Mid January/Feb. Im big on our rights but with the way I see Pets suffer in the hands of Idiots I think you should have to get some kind of Licence idk. Im even against that like I said I beleive in Our Freedom but this is insane.
    I see the same with Dogs all the time.. Here in NY Pits are breed and breed and leftovers pups that dont sell are thrown out on the steets and then euthanized by the Humane Society. Makes me Sick!
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Registered User predatorkeeper87's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    And usually those are the people that will fail as a keeper and fail as a breeder, because if you have to be spoon fed and shows zero intention on doing your homework than you are not committed or have a real passion for those animals.
    this.

Theres a reason you see "whole collection out of hobby!" sales. I inquired about a boa the other day on LetGo and ended up getting 2 BPs because they were fire-saleing their collection....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to predatorkeeper87 For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (02-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts
    Kind of like someone asking "Hi I'm new to dogs, I want to buy a few and then breed them, what kind of dog is best, what should I do as far as a crate, heat, and feeding..."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sully View Post
    I see the same with Dogs all the time.. Here in NY Pits are breed and breed and leftovers pups that dont sell are thrown out on the steets and then euthanized by the Humane Society. Makes me Sick!
    even with animals most people know of very well, there are still huge amounts of bad owners. i feel like it's the disconnect where people don't see animals as LIVING BEINGS, but as a way to get what they want; selfishness. we don't keep or breed for any other reason besides we love these animals. the passion has and must always come first.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    we have the world's knowledge at our fingertips, and yet people can't seem to google their questions. some people think "online research" is clicking the first link from google, then when they realize it doesn't help, assume it's a mystery. there's an art to goole-fu.
    a lot of it could be impulse decision-making: not looking past their own gains before recognizing they are caring for a living being. the ignorance could also be a mindset of snakes being "just dumb murder machines they don't need care, and they don't poop, right??" (gosh the questions i've gotten when people learn i own snakes is astounding and a bit sad.)
    the ones who chime in saying the want to get elbow-deep in breeding yet have never owned a snake is startling. these are not plug-and-play money machines, they're living beings! i would love to breed some day, but i still have a lot to learn and i recognize that. how can people not accept their ignorance and try to change it? the best we can do is try to educate them and really bring home the truth that these are animals who will rely on you for care for 20+ years.
    as my father says: "it takes all kinds of people to make up this crazy world."
    What is crazy is everything you said should be common sense!!! Im new on this forum but have been apart of several (Pit Bull Rescues ect.. ) and sometimes i seriously wonder if some of the questions are a joke or from a learning disabled individual.
    All I can say is WOW and move on or I might say something that gets me Booted hahhahha
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks
    Glad others are as Baffled as I am somtimes. I have to question myself and make sure I'm not just being jerk....or what lol...
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    ----------
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast