Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,072

1 members and 3,071 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Python Reticulatus Wallace Progression!

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I agree, the "body bucking" is interesting. My other snakes will crawl off or make an effort to stay in their cages when not interested in coming out.

Wallace bucks like a horse and if you are not used to it, like I wasn't I was expecting a bite to follow. Now I'm used to the behavior.

I may resort to a string type measurement soon. The Serpent Widget used to be the answer but I've had results differ greatly when using the same snake and I'm not sold on it just yet.

I think he may shed tonight.
    Haha, yeah the first time Caesar shoved my hand away, i kind of freaked out. Now I'm used to it. Most of the time when i remove his hide if he's inside and then pet him, he gets all pissy by shoving my hand away. I take it as his way of say 'why are you bothering me'.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Birthday Pictures.

I was able to get some sub par pictures 2 days after Wallace hit the year mark. He shed the day after he turned one, took a big dump and was ready for a night out.

I hung out with him on the sofa for a while, and then put him back in the cage. I was replacing some of his plants and moving a few things in the cage and his mind snapped to feeding mode. He went after me twice with a nice wide open mouth. I made good use of the snake hook and finished my arranging tasks.

I gave him an hour and decided he should eat.

Wallace was fed last night, and I took pictures today. His coloring was great post shed, but the day after eating it was not.

Here is MR. Birthday anyhow.

Last edited by Gio; 06-04-2017 at 09:21 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-04-2017),Reinz (06-05-2017),Sauzo (06-04-2017),Stearns84 (06-05-2017)

Thanks
    Happy B-Day Wallace!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-05-2017)

Thanks

Wallace is definitely a beautiful boy, you and Sauzo make me want a tiger lol 😂 I love all the talk about adult sizes and feeding regimes in this thread, great conversations here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Artemisace For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisace View Post
    Wallace is definitely a beautiful boy, you and Sauzo make me want a tiger lol 😂 I love all the talk about adult sizes and feeding regimes in this thread, great conversations here

Only feeding regime i got is when Caesar starts destroying his cage and i wake up to a water bowl, hide and aspen all shoved to one side and him sitting in the front of the cage staring at me lol. This usually happens around day 8

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Artemisace (06-06-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Only feeding regime i got is when Caesar starts destroying his cage and i wake up to a water bowl, hide and aspen all shoved to one side and him sitting in the front of the cage staring at me lol. This usually happens around day 8
    Lol 😂 that's retics for you, although I have a corn snake that does that every now and then. Then she'll stare at me like, clean me now human lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Artemisace For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (06-06-2017)

Thanks
    I've got a nice, well behaved retic here. Never pushes, never ruins his cage and doesn't defecate too often. I feed every 2 weeks. Wallace is a year old now, and has only eaten 1 large rat. He's been on smalls since I got him in September. No outward signs of hunger.

He's a slow grower but does have some size. He's around 5.5 feet maybe a bit longer now. He's a tough one to measure.

He's only 18 something percent mainland so I'm somewhat confident he'll mature around 8'-9'.

These are similar pictures with slightly different lighting.

He's got a lot of speed but he's mellowed so much since I got him.
    Last edited by Gio; 06-08-2017 at 12:45 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (06-08-2017),Sauzo (06-08-2017)

Thanks
    What is this 'well mannered snake' you speak of!!?? I think it's a myth lol. Heck Caesar is actually quiet and guess what.....now Rosey has destroyed her cage. She shoved her water bowl, spun the hide around and pushed the aspen. Their hides make this screeching noise as they push them across the cage floor. Drives me up a wall haha. Guess it's feeding day or very close for Rosey lol.

Wallace looks like a well mannered little man. I'm sending my snakes over to him for lessons lol.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    What is this 'well mannered snake' you speak of!!?? I think it's a myth lol. Heck Caesar is actually quiet and guess what.....now Rosey has destroyed her cage. She shoved her water bowl, spun the hide around and pushed the aspen. Their hides make this screeching noise as they push them across the cage floor. Drives me up a wall haha. Guess it's feeding day or very close for Rosey lol.

Wallace looks like a well mannered little man. I'm sending my snakes over to him for lessons lol.
    Wallace is funny he actually uses his water bowl as a toilet. Its easy to clean, but I have to be on it daily to make sure he has fresh water. I may add another dish so he has a backup.

Sniper is huge these days. I'd say very close to 7 feet now and thicker than a soda can.

ALL are well behaved here, I must get very lucky with my purchases as I've never had the spawn of satan.

Jewel, the coastal started out wild though, but using the branch for handling settled he right down!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Wallace is funny he actually uses his water bowl as a toilet. Its easy to clean, but I have to be on it daily to make sure he has fresh water. I may add another dish so he has a backup.

Sniper is huge these days. I'd say very close to 7 feet now and thicker than a soda can.

ALL are well behaved here, I must get very lucky with my purchases as I've never had the spawn of satan.

Jewel, the coastal started out wild though, but using the branch for handling settled he right down!
    Wow Sniper is bigger than Rosey probably then lol. Kind of funny as Rosey is a female too.

The snakes are all angels until they get hungry haha. The ones who let you know are mostly Rosey and Caesar. The others come out and cruise around but they dont spend the whole night destroying their cages like Rosey and Caesar. Maybe they are just too small atm haha. I mean i would bet you couldnt get Rosey to bite you. Even the vet sticking a needle into the lump on her nose to do a culture, Rosey just sat there and didnt move or anything. The vet and nurse were very surprised. The minute they were done though, Rosey spent the whole time trying to get back to me. She wouldnt quit until she was on me, then she wanted to check out the vet and nurse but only from the safety of me lol.

My beardie was the same way. First time she went to the vet, she got so scared, she pooped all over the nurses shoes and exam table and then ran and jumped on me and held onto the front of my shirt lol. The vet joked around with how my 'kids' seem to really love 'dad' lol.

And I hear ya, I got lucky as well as all my snakes are really mellow and laid back except during dinner time lol. Allison was the only one who was a terror and never calmed down
    Last edited by Sauzo; 06-08-2017 at 07:58 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (06-08-2017)

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast