Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,898

3 members and 2,895 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Cresteds and gargoyles

I was wondering if any of you have had luck with finding nice cresteds and gargoyles at local shows. I'm looking at adding a few cresteds and gargoyles and I was sorely disappointed with the show at Havre de Grace (being mostly a snake venue, I was a minority shopper!!). Anyone in MD (ehemm, Vaughn ) had any luck at the Northern VA or Hagerstown events (I know they are all done by the same people but I thought different vendors might show at different locals). When I spoke to the organizer he said "What's a crested??" so I gathered his focus was his snakes ... *GASP* ...how can you resist the crestie allure!!!

Anyways, I thought if someone may frequent the meetings it would save me a drive with my two young ones in tow...either way I'm looking at an hour (MD) to an hour and a half (VA). I was hoping the other two may be larger.

If not any of these options then how about the MARS show in September (which I am breathlessly awaiting to be the answers to my prayers!!)? If all else fails I'll start combing the gazillion breeders online. Since these guys are polygenic for their colors I figure I'll go with what looks the best and who has the best rep...I just prefer the babies as they are a smidge less expensive.

Thanks for listening and any and all advice!
    Wendy

0.1 Het Hypo BP (Breena)
    1.1 German Shepard (KA-ZAR & Cody)
    0.1 Gargoyle Gecko
    0.1 Creamsicle corn (Trixie)
    0.1 Lavendar het motley corn (Lily)
    1.0 Motley Corn (Jackson)

Thanks

Re: Cresteds and gargoyles

i haven't had alot of luck at havre de grace show either. northern va isn't going to be any better for cresteds. i've never been to the hagerstown show. the biggest show coming up is MARS in sept. in md. i've been to hamburg in pa and that was a big show also with some cresteds too. if you're looking for something unique you might have to shop alot of shows or buy online from breeders.i've picked up cresteds at these shows but it was few and far between, not every show had alot to choose from.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

Thanks for the tip...I'll hold out for the MARS show and just cross my fingers...At least I'll pick up the cages then (btw - what are you using for your guys? The steralites seem nice and inexpensive but then I can't look at them like I can in my Herpcage). Wish me happy gecko hunting!
    Wendy

0.1 Het Hypo BP (Breena)
    1.1 German Shepard (KA-ZAR & Cody)
    0.1 Gargoyle Gecko
    0.1 Creamsicle corn (Trixie)
    0.1 Lavendar het motley corn (Lily)
    1.0 Motley Corn (Jackson)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries

i use kritter keepers for the smaller geckos and the crested gecko cages that reptile depot makes for breeders and groups of females.
    (go to http://www.reptiledepot.com and click on supplies. then click screen cages and the crested cages are at the bottom of that page.)
    - Emily

Thanks

i use big sterilites 73 qts. with 100+ 1/4 inch holes in them. if i were going to displaythem or keep them in a living area i'd go with screen cages. whatever you get make sure it is light and easy to clean. dido kritter keepers for babies/juvies.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!