Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,636

4 members and 3,632 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: Very skinny ball python

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentnoid View Post
    Small update he still hasnt eaten on his own but I did get a nice one piece shed from him today
    That is awesome, that means you sure are doing things right !!!

Many don't want to eat right before or during a shed, anyway. So try again tonight or tomorrow.

I think this little guy has a bright future with you as the dedicated owner
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Since this guy has had a couple meals now (assist fed) I decided to go a bit longer trying to get him to eat before doing it again I've tried f/t fuzzys and live hoppers (even left a live hopper in overnight and this morning he was moving arond his tub and the hopper was still there) but he just pays no attention to them so I've been doing more reading and came across people talking about braining fuzzys to get snakes to feed and since I'm stuck at work for a while longer I figured I'd see what people thought about this with nothing else working I'm about ready to try anything

Thanks

My extremely fussy baby dumeril's boa will only eat live rat fuzzies left in her tank overnight. I've tried live mouse hoppers with her, and she won't eat them because they are too fast. Honestly, I see her point- they are jumpy and hard to catch. It's possible that this is an issue for your little guy too. I have tried offering f/t that were brained and the stomach opened a bit, but she still didn't acknowledge it as food. I know it works for some, so you can try, but you might have better luck with live fuzzies. They can crawl decently so there's movement but they're not fast enough that they can really get away. (sad, but baby needs to eat).

Thanks
    sometime it helps to use some tongs and squeeze out some juice from the head/mouth. the smell can really stimulates the feeding response. and BTW, I've just read through this whole thread for the first time and I have to say, I am raising a glass to you tonight my friend, you have done an absolutely stellar job from the sounds of it. somehow this guy was let go to the point of being on deaths door and you have brought it back. I suspect after it really starts to get it's, how shall I say, "legs back", it will likely start eating on it's own. If it were me, I'd outright ask for at least 50% of your money back from the breeder. I wouldn't settle for $25, they sent you an issue and you have plowed countless hours into recovery and that deserves something substantial. by offering you a full refund only if you sent it back, they were counting on you feeling bonded and sorry for the little one and unwilling to sentence it to sure death. that sounds kind of manipulative to me and there is something just generally dishonest about the dealing. I'd call them on it, demand at least 50% refund and see what he does with it... there is a way of being both firm and understanding at the same time.

anyway, keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Slither Seeker; 03-03-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    "Keep in mind I am sharing what I have learned and what my experiences have taught me. I am not an expert, and it's always good to weigh varying perspectives... Doing it "correctly" often means balancing what works for others with what works for you, given your parameters and observations."

Family Critter List: Bumblebee BP, Fire Spider BP, Brazillian Rainbow Boa, Planted Aquarium, Red-Foot Tortoise, Dwarf Hamster, Holland Lop Rabbit, 6 egg laying chickens, 37 in freezer camp, last but not least Flap Jack, our Pit mix rescue dog who keeps everyone in line.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kcl View Post
    My extremely fussy baby dumeril's boa will only eat live rat fuzzies left in her tank overnight. I've tried live mouse hoppers with her, and she won't eat them because they are too fast. Honestly, I see her point- they are jumpy and hard to catch. It's possible that this is an issue for your little guy too. I have tried offering f/t that were brained and the stomach opened a bit, but she still didn't acknowledge it as food. I know it works for some, so you can try, but you might have better luck with live fuzzies. They can crawl decently so there's movement but they're not fast enough that they can really get away. (sad, but baby needs to eat).
    Ya I'd rather try live fuzzys unfortunately the only place I've found that sells young mice has been out of fuzzys for 3 weeks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentnoid View Post
    Ya I'd rather try live fuzzys unfortunately the only place I've found that sells young mice has been out of fuzzys for 3 weeks
    I've had tons of trouble actually finding fuzzies too. Where I have actually found luck is craigslist. There are some home mouse/rat/asf breeders who post on there, so if you haven't yet, searching your local craigslist pets section is worth a try.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kcl For This Useful Post:

Sargentnoid (03-03-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Heh. Too bad you don't live closer to me!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melcvt00 View Post

ya I would have thought there would be more people selling mice around little rock AR

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Very skinny ball python

Quote Originally Posted by melcvt00 View Post
    To bad you didn't live one state over and bred rats lol oh well I get pups for $1.50 each and $.50 more each level higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BBotteron; 03-04-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    1.0 pastel 100% het piebald
    0.1 pastel enchi 100% het clown

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BBotteron View Post
    To bad you didn't live one state over and bred rats lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope. Not gonna do rats. I have read stories about the smell. :-)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast