Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,967

1 members and 2,966 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Lightbulb Zoomed's Reptivite or ReptiCalcium,

Hello guys! I went to a nearby pet shop awhile ago and I saw another "possible" product to buy for my pastel morph ball python, Cheddar. I recently bought a lot of Zoomed products for my little baby specifically the following :
    1. Zoomed Mite Off!
    2. Zoomed Snake Shedding First Aid
    3. Zoomed Wipe Out!
    If you guys want to check out these amazing products, you could check out their site. They have amazing products for our pets. While I was checking the pet shop, I saw another product that could be a possible "must-buy" product for my ball python and it is the Zoomed Reptivite and Zoomed Repti Calcium. Just here asking for your advice if it could help Cheddar in his "health". And since it is in "powder-like" type of a vitamin, how could you give this to your pet snake? I was thinking about the possibilities of giving this to your pet snake. Could it be possible to "bathe" or cover up the feeder mice with it and feed it to my pet? Just thinking about it. If you tried using these vitamins, fee free to leave your advice. Happy Keeping!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Zoomed's Reptivite or ReptiCalcium,

In my opinion, giving healthy, well fed snakes these products is unnecessary.

Considering that the snake ingests a total skelton is plenty of calcium for sure, evidenced by lots of white urates, which is waste. Partially meaning that it was more Calcium than the animal needs at that time.

Now if you are treating a malnourished snake or badly injured one with broken bones, I would consider using them.

Last edited by Reinz; 01-28-2017 at 02:16 AM.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (01-28-2017),PokeyTheNinja (01-28-2017),Sonny1318 (01-28-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Please do not overdose your snake with unneeded vitamins and calcium supplements. Those products are primarily for lizards and animals that need UVB. Too much calcium in the diet is actually detrimental to their health. They get sufficient volumes of calcium from the rodents they eat.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    They have been getting everything they need for a long time from the rodents they eat.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    There is no reason to post the exact same post more than once and in one area.

Thanks

Re: Zoomed's Reptivite or ReptiCalcium,

Im so sorry, It automatically send this one while I was just typing the correct then I submited the original one. So I did'nt know that both threads are posted already. I cant delete one also. I am sorry if you think if im being selfish in posting threads

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No offense but what a waste of money

1. Zoomed Mite Off!
    Does not work because it does not treat all stages
    2. Zoomed Snake Shedding First Aid
    Is not needed if you provide proper husbandry, and if you do not than you need to as husbandry need to be met to a T
    3. Zoomed Wipe Out!
    Better product out there not reptile specific.

As for vitamins, calcium and such they get everything from their prey
    Deborah Stewart

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Like others have said, you don't need those products. They are of no use to a healthy snake with correct living conditions.

I know this isn't what you asked, but in getting the sense that you are really enthusiastic about buying every possible accessory for your snake, on the same way that some people like to buy all kinds of different toys, beds, treats, supplements, etc, for their dogs.
    So I suggest that you channel that energy into enrichment items or creating a more stimulating enclosure, as appropriate and as your snake grows. Here is a good article that will get you started:
    http://rainbowsnakes.tumblr.com/post...tiles-what-why
    Some key things to remember, though: enrichment doesn't mean throwing all kinds of everything at your snake to the point of stressing it out all the time. It needs to be species appropriate. While every individual snake is different, in general ball pythons do not like upheaval and big changes to their environments. So don't add new things or rearrange the furniture every week and call it enrichment. Give your snake time to get used to reach new thing before giving him more new stuff, and learn to recognize it's habits and signs of stress.
    For example, my BP will not go near a new hide or other item until it has been in his cage for weeks; even hides he ends up spending a fair amount of time in eventually. So take things like that into account.

But if you are determined to pour energy into everything you can do for your snake, this is a much more beneficial way to channel it than buying a lot of gimmicky potions that probably do more harm than good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Coluber42 For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (01-28-2017)