Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,977

0 members and 1,977 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Question about a purchase

I bought a pastel banana last week from someone on morph market. I tried to arrange shipping for sometime between Monday and Wednesday since we had a warm up here in Buffalo the last week. The seller said he would contact me Sunday but I never heard from him. I've sent him 2 emails with no response. I checked boi first and he had no positive or negative feedback, and I'm usually for giving someone starting out the benefit of the doubt unless they give me a reason otherwise. So my question is how long should I give him to respond before taking further action such as a paypal dispute or credit card charge back?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,538 Times in 1,148 Posts
    I would and always do believe in covering one's assets.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would email every day for a week and if after a week I still do not have an answer I would cancel the transaction get my money back and shop elsewhere, lack of communication is a big deal (if there is poor communication now imagine later if there is an issue), yes things can happen but a short message to explain the situation is a must, and the seller can't do it himself he should have someone sending the message for him.

Producing snake is one thing customer service is another and sadly not all people producing snakes think it is important.
    Deborah Stewart

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

ccplotner (01-25-2017)

Thanks
    I personally believe customer service is one of the most important things when selling snakes, i actually never buy from anyone with poor customer service. I even got emails back from a breeder who is recovering in the hospital the day after serious surgery, not thats great customer service! As for the guy your dealing with i would bombard him with emails everyday for a week like deborah said and if still no response i would take further action. If he doesnt respond and tries to keep the money, you should create a boi on him so no one else gets screwed over.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to highqualityballz For This Useful Post:

ccplotner (01-25-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Question about a purchase

So I got an email about 20 minutes after I posted this thread so possibly he reads this forum. I responded to him and I let him know communication is an important part of this hobby. Hopefully this doesn't come back to bite me but I genuinely believe most people in the herp community are good people and I hope all this works in the end and there are no more issues.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Keep us posted.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

danielwilu2525 (01-25-2017)