So I finally got a wine cooler that I'm trying to build into an incubator. My husband is insisting I don't completely gut it incase I ever decide to sell it, I can turn it back into a wine cooler.

So I disconnected all power to the compressor so that I can still plug it in and have the light and temperature gage display (not gonna use it exclusively but figure it wouldn't be a bad thing to keep). However, I'm worried about the back panel since it is metal while the rest of the inside is plastic. Will this throw off my temps or make hot spots within the incubator? I'm also worried the coolant might hold heat differently and mess with the Temps.

Personally I'm all for gutting it. If I ever decide to get out of breeding ball pythons then I'd probably try to sell it as an incubator or try to convert it to a poultry incubator. But I guess if it's possible to keep it as intact as possible it wouldn't hurt to have another option down the road.

Appreciate any advice I can get! If the best option is to remove the compressor and back panel, I'd also appreciate any tips on how to go about it. I can't seem to find any DIYs that go through the gutting process.

Thanks!