Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,827

1 members and 2,826 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Re: My Ball python vomited a day after eating

Quote Originally Posted by Freejkf View Post
    Also put the temp sensor bulb for the thermostat under substrate and 10 mil duct taped to the bottom( temp only) if everything works well I'm going to get hot glue to attach instead of tape but right now there's no way the snakes pulling that tape up it's the good black duct tape I use for my job actually lol
    So you have not listened/read anything that others have taken time out of their day to help you with?
    For the last time...... NO TAPE BELONGS IN ANY ENCLOSURE......
    Do you know there are also many reasons we don't put thermostat probes inside of an enclosure with heat mats?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (01-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    How recently did you acquire all of these snakes and were they quarantined after you got them? If one came in with a parasite and it wasn't caught, that could have spread to the others.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (01-24-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    So you have not listened/read anything that others have taken time out of their day to help you with?
    For the last time...... NO TAPE BELONGS IN ANY ENCLOSURE......
    Do you know there are also many reasons we don't put thermostat probes inside of an enclosure with heat mats?
    Pit on the prowl, It won't be in there for long so no worries. I did it for temp only and I appreciate your help tremendously I will listen to what you said. But for right now trust me that tape isn't going anywhere. I'm going to use hot glue as soon as I dig my glue gun out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freejkf View Post
    Pit on the prowl, It won't be in there for long so no worries. I did it for temp only and I appreciate your help tremendously I will listen to what you said. But for right now trust me that tape isn't going anywhere. I'm going to use hot glue as soon as I dig my glue gun out

I will have most likely have it done either tonight or Thursday night and I actually did an extremely noob move unfortunately I'm still very VERY green to this. Kinda went snake crazy and I didn't quarantine them i just put them in the rack. I don't know if it really matters but I keep up on the cleaning every day and I spend all of my time with them. I have gone threw a couple mite treatments with all my snakes as well. I'm trying to catch up on my noob move of buying more snakes than I should have without quarantining them. I'm giving the ones with bad stools de wormer from the vet

Thanks

Also pit on the prowl I can't put the therms under the tubs without rebuilding my rack so the only option I have for my worms is to put the probe inside. That is why it is taped down because I would run the risk of over heating my snakes without it being secured. Wouldn't you think it would be a better option to have very sturdy tape and correct temps until I get hot glue vs overheating my snakes?
    I'm asking as a genuine question if you still think it's a worse idea I will go home after work tonight and take it off. I do respect the help you offer to these threads.

My plan is next 300$ I get in going to buy a new rack

Thanks

*build

Thanks

I want to be better and fix the errors I have already made being a snake keeper and without you guys helping me I wouldn't have know better so thank you and please don't take what I'm saying about the tape as being ungrateful I don't mean it that way it's just the only way I can attach it to the heat source ATM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234