Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 812

1 members and 811 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I have a top of the line heat temp gun. I know what im doing in terms of humidty, what to do and what not to do. I took them to the et yesterday, last night, before closure, and he examined the two mating snakes. They are both 100% healthy. Thats the only reason as to why I decided to put them together until I cleaned out the new enclosure i bought to ensure sanitary, and to set it up with substrate a hide a UTH and the works. I have three BPs and 4 enclosures.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    You do know there are viruses that a vet visit wont find, right?
    This is the reason people quarantine animals, including reputable breeders who quarantine everything that returns from expos.
    There are reasons most of us sound like broken records.
    Its not because we want to "sound harsh" but its a fact of husbandry that always seems to need repeating do to too many new keepers not knowing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

PokeyTheNinja (01-20-2017)

Thanks
    Averages here:

Basking temp 92-94F...cooler end is 80-82F and the warmer side is 84-88F... Ambient temp of 80F is average. I check 6 to 8 times daily every single day.

Humidity is NEVER lower then 55% and NEVER exceeds 65%-68% while shes. i know how to spray mist properly. Im a beginner, i knew i would be getting harsh responses but everyone starts somewhere. I wont take it to heart, so, i will be honest and straight up back with every comment i make.

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    You do know there are viruses that a vet visit wont find, right?
    This is the reason people quarantine animals, including reputable breeders who quarantine everything that returns from expos.
    There are reasons most of us sound like broken records.
    Its not because we want to "sound harsh" but its a fact of husbandry that always seems to need repeating do to too many new keepers not knowing.

No, I did not know. He told me the plan i was about to do, aka the cleaning cage while housing them together for a hour and half tops was A-OKAY. He is the ONLY vet that deals with balls on the island of CB.

So now what? You are all telling me I messed up, Buzz kill. But again, its not going to be take. To heart. Id rather honest, harsh, responses then false information.

While im at it, instead of making new thread, can someone help me here. I am considering ditching glass terreriums with the mesh tops as its hard and a pain in the ass to control temps. I heard tubs are good.. are they expensive to build and are there urls on here to find one?

Also. What do I do now that shes going to be a gravid? Clearly cant reverse this now. If you were me, what can I do to ensure safe babies. And a safe mother,
    Last edited by Caper2016; 01-19-2017 at 07:25 PM.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    Ball pythons don't bask for heat, they hide, the hot spot hide should be about 90, 94 is a bit warm and I'd back that down a little. There's a sticky thread for tubs on here somewhere and approx 90000 threads on how to set one up besides, you buy a rubbermaid type container at the store, get a heat mat on a thermostat underneath, drill holes for ventilation. I've dealt with more than my share of useless ignorant vets, not all are created equal and many see animals they don't know squat about, I can't even imagine what kind of vet would recommend putting newly acquired or any snakes together for cleaning rather than just picking up a spare tote. Tubs do require a warmer room temp since uth only create a hot spot so you might want to look into pvc cages with radiant heat panels if your house runs cooler unless you are going to heat the room also.
    Last edited by GoingPostal; 01-19-2017 at 08:47 PM.

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

PokeyTheNinja (01-20-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12