Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,187

0 members and 1,187 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Threaded View

Thanks

Bought her last month, need help identifying potential morph?

She was basically living in a 'crack house'. I paid $100 for her, and her enclosure, aswell the light, and ceramic light, UTH. The idiot had a half assed hideout, and a half inch, if that, of reptile lizard red sand as substrate. Furiously, I got her to a loving, caring, home. She has been with me for 27 days today. Day 1 she weighed 1220 grams and was said to be 4 to 4.5 years + old. Which, in turn, is bullcrap. As far as a professional whom viewed my snakes, they were both 3x less in age then advertised. My male was said to be 3 years and 2.3-2.5 ft length 550-600 grams or so, in turn he was 1 year and a cpl months give or take said the pro. The female ate 7 small rats and will constantly eat, like no tomorrow, if i were to offer her more. In 27 days.... 4 medium rats and 3 small ones. She gained HUGE weight.. id guestimate 500+ grams easy so far... she was probably starved at the dope house.

Pics of bella:

http://m.imgur.com/a/qRc9n

I am making two threads in one, for the clutter im apologizing in advance because of my adhd and my need to get it all out lol.

my male, bought nov. 15th 2016 ate once a week every friday but would NEVER take it no matter what i tried directly from my feeding utensils.. i always left it in the cage overnight and itd be gone in the am. Long story short, he has been 3 weeks without eating now. I have tried everything. My son was born premature unexpected @ 32 weeks 2 days on dec 23rd.. i went home xmas day for a moment to check on my snakes, which were in seperate tanks, to see she escaped and was curled up behind my bed. Thank god she didnt wonder around..

so, i had no choice but to put the female, and male, together in his escape free cage until i had time to fix the mesh screen setup this fool preior owner had been using.. they are ALWAYS together. They did not mate, its as if they have to be together or they are heartbroken (hilarious right? But thats how im putting it because it looks that way for me, a novice and very new owner -- P.S. I understand the risks involved with this, and am going to seperate them within a day. They have been caged together since xmas til now. I had no time to fix her cage i have another 1.5 yr old son to and its back and forth a hour drive vis taxi constantly finding babysitters stressful stuff.. so please dont rant me for the same caging risks and flame)

Question #1:

Is this female, Bella, a normal? Or a morph? Her belly is practically all white. Her color is MUCH lightter then his, and hes a proven normal. The owner never told me anything besides that he had a female ball python for $100.

i will post pics in a moment, disregard the multiples. Also disregard the pic of bella being a pig and eating jakes small rat, lol, couldnt refreeze it so she had her fourth in 4 days now.

Question #2:

Is there something potentially wrong with my male, jake? The smaller normal? How can i make him eat? He lost weight for sure since 2 months of ownership. Easily noticeable. Yes i tried feeding him in 15 locations without Bella nearby. nothing works.

#3:

Can Jake die if he goes much longer on his hunger strike? I am so attached to him, i dont want anything to happen to him.
    Last edited by Caper2016; 01-17-2017 at 11:53 PM.