Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,804

2 members and 2,802 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Portland Reptile Expo - Jan. 14th

The Portland Reptile Expo is next Saturday, Jan. 14th!

who's going? looks like this is a pretty big show. me and my homegirl will be making the drive down from Seattle to check it out. i'm not looking for another snake, but she might want another Bearded Dragon. anyway it looks like fun. yay reptiles and tax free shopping weekend.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Too bad none of the big pythons will be for sale or anacondas. I can understand the Lacey Act for everything except retics who are still fine to transport from Oregon to Washington. Basically it will probably boil down to being a BP and crestie fest
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Re: Portland Reptile Expo - Jan. 14th

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Too bad none of the big pythons will be for sale or anacondas. I can understand the Lacey Act for everything except retics who are still fine to transport from Oregon to Washington. Basically it will probably boil down to being a BP and crestie fest
    lol have u gone to a show recently? there's plenty of diversity in animals. plenty of Retics at the Seattle shows and i even see some hots for sale now and then.

i know some peeps with big snakes. also met someone with a 6year old Dwarf Burm that's only 4 1/2feet long here in WA. he has no Dwarf mate tho. Lacey Act doesn't distinguish the Dwarfs (or Super Dwarfs in Retics) tho. Lacey Act sucks.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    lol have u gone to a show recently? there's plenty of diversity in animals. plenty of Retics at the Seattle shows and i even see some hots for sale now and then.

i know some peeps with big snakes. also met someone with a 6year old Dwarf Burm that's only 4 1/2feet long here in WA. he has no Dwarf mate tho. Lacey Act doesn't distinguish the Dwarfs (or Super Dwarfs in Retics) tho. Lacey Act sucks.
    Nope but if you look at the vendor info tab, it says they are not allowing vendors to sell any of the big pythons, anacondas and obviously crocodilea and venomous animals.

Thanks

Nope but if you look at the vendor info tab, it says they are not allowing vendors to sell any of the big pythons, anacondas and obviously crocodilea and venomous animals.
    still u will be surprised by what u might see for sale (as long as it follows the law). u should get out there and see it. the shows are fun. i'll try to post some pix.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks
    For sure post some pics. Just no geckos or BPs unless its a stormtrooper. Those BPs are awesome looking. Yeah I kind of avoid shows as I'm OCD about bringing home mites lol. Plus I looked at the list and none of the vendors rang any bells of what I want. Also I'm limited on space so I'm going to be picky. I want either a Pucallpa or Iquitos Peruvian BCC, SD pied tiger retic or cow retic if I can find people to help donate the 5-6k I need for one lol. Or maybe some other SD retic like a platinum tiger or something.

Thanks

For sure post some pics. Just no geckos or BPs unless its a stormtrooper. Those BPs are awesome looking. Yeah I kind of avoid shows as I'm OCD about bringing home mites lol. Plus I looked at the list and none of the vendors rang any bells of what I want. Also I'm limited on space so I'm going to be picky. I want either a Pucallpa or Iquitos Peruvian BCC, SD pied tiger retic or cow retic if I can find people to help donate the 5-6k I need for one lol. Or maybe some other SD retic like a platinum tiger or something.
    i think the Stromtrooper looks like crap now since it started blacking out and lost it's pattern. well, not like crap, but not as striking or impressive to me. it's very clear contrasting pattern was it's big appeal. Cow Retics are awesome but i think the pattern on alotta Pied Retics don't have good proportions and some look like they're wearing toupée's lol. definitely different folks, different strokes in this hobby. we'll see what i find at the PDX show!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks
    Well yeah, not all pied retics look good. I like the ones that just have the top of their spine colored, kind of like someone poured chocolate syrup on their spine and it drizzled down a little. They also gotta have the 'mask' on with the white snoot or have a pure white head. Bob Clark has some of the white headed pieds that I really like but they are also $3500 lol. I mean you could pick up a sloppy pied for like $1000. And as for the stormtrooper, again not all are good looking. You need an even amount of black and white contrast. Too much of one color and it doesn't have the same effect imo. But anyways, yeah snap some pics. I'd like to see what some of the little less common stuff out there. And also, i'd be looking for a SD pied as I don't really want a 14'+ snake so tack on a kidney for that as no one has made SD pieds yet
    Last edited by Sauzo; 01-03-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts
    My daughter is going. She wants to pick up a BP. She is pretty stoked.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cletus For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (01-05-2017)

Thanks

Snowpocalypse and PDX Reptile Expo!

omg it's snowpocalypse! ok, Portland got hit with snow and ice over the weekend and 12 more inches got dumped on them Tuesday. Seattle sent 11 trucks to help dig them out and i hope that helps b/c we really wanna go to this show. Stephanie Laumeyer, The Snake Pusher, will be there and Oregon Exotic Pets with some hots to display among other reptile peeps. so we'll be paying close attention to the weather and road conditions. either way, the show goes on!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast