Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,617

1 members and 1,616 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Anyone Try NPI Cages?

I have been using NPI cages for many many years. More recently, I tried their 24" stackable cages for some smaller animals.

Top notch! Super easy to heat, clean, keep a humidity level, see inside, etc.

I use them for display, so hence cages rather than racks.

The plastic they use is very good - it conducts heat better than PVC generally but still spreads it quite evenly. And the glass doors are tempered. Cannot beat tempered glass.

My originals are the standard 36" and 24" models, some are 10+ years old, look new.

Thanks

Re: Anyone Try NPI Cages?

I only have the 24-inch stackables (I have their standards as well).
    These cages rock. Tempered glass doors, aluminum door track that does not fall off, robustly built, all glued, no leaks, super strong. Molded-in feet for heater clearance. Anyway, as a happy user, that is my 2 cents. I plan on replacing some of my standards with more stackables.

I believe these are made of ABS. ABS is a much tougher plastic than the now more common CPVC. IMO CPVC is a decent material, but I do not call it tough. PVC reminds me of foam poster board. It can be dented, punctured, etc. NPI cages on the other hand are tough! But you pay for it $$
    They do not have a litter dam, but I use paper substrate and a box with mulch inside, so I do not need a litter dam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12