Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,829

1 members and 2,828 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Light Bulb

Registered User Grimm.Alexander's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Light Bulb

I have a 33 gallon tank. The hot side should be about 92°. What watt light bulb should I use?

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    If you're keeping a BP, I'd stick with a maximum of 90*, just in case your measurements might be a few degrees off.

Also, we cannot begin to tell you what size bulb you need to achieve needed temperatures because everyone's room (or home) is kept at different temps. and that
    matters a great deal. A warmer ambient room temperature means you need to add way less heat to a tank...conversely, a cold room needs a lot more. You can also
    minimize the amount of extra warmth you need by insulating the back, sides & bottom of a glass tank so that more of the heat that goes in actually gets retained.
    This is also why we always suggest that you set up & test out your tank or enclosure for at least a week before bringing home any pet to put inside, just in case you
    need to buy (or even order?) more things to get it just right.

I trust (HOPE?) you're using a thermostat to control heating devices for safety??? (yours and especially your pet's safety)

And please don't be afraid to start new threads for your questions...this one you're responding to is 8 years old...OK? (I'm hoping a moderator will move it???)
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)