Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,901

2 members and 1,899 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Ve-200 clicking alot!!!!

Well the temp in the cage is about 5 degrees hotter than what the set temp is most likely due to it being about 70 degrees outside so it's really hot in the house I have both cages set at 80 (cool side) and one is 83 one is 85 I can't tell which one is clicking yet I opened the door just a second ago to maybe cool the inside off a bit the clicking has slowed but not stopped I will update if the clicking stops.... Anybody ever had this same problem?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    1.0 normal bp - 2015 - Erebus
    1.0 bci hypo motley het albino - 2016 - Aether
    0.1 bci hypo het albino - 2016 - Nyx

Thanks

Re: Ve-200 clicking alot!!!!

The clicking has stopped since I opened the door to my balls cage but I'm still wandering why it is making this noise

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    Well I have a VE-300 and I don't trust it one bit. I get random low temps as low as 45F even though I know it hasn't gone below 80F. I've been writing the manufacturer and they sent me a new VE-300 unit, the replacement did the same thing. Then they sent me a replacement probe, still the same problem. They told me they never had that problem before, that's really odd???? So I put the VE-300 on just two levels with one probe, the levels are about 10F difference, doesn't really work for multiple levels with one probe... Then I set up some cheap thermostats about $30 each since I had them handy, one of them failed in the on position and temps went over 100F! So I just ordered two Herpstat 4 thermostats, since I have 8 levels in my rack I'll have one probe per level and a high end unit that I hopefully won't have an issue with. Anyone want to buy a used VE-300? It works great for a single level if you just ignore the low history temps LOLOL
    Last edited by cchardwick; 12-25-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks

Wow that's crazy I think my next t- stat will be a herpstat... I have my seen the low temps like you have but it just seems very weird that it kept clicking like it did and it wasent quiet about it either sometimes it was rapid sometimes it was kinda spaced apart but still its making me very nervous...the temps are holding steady but who's to say it won't fail in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep... Idk I'm deff going to be switching :-)stats.... Thank you cchardwick

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    Are you set to on/off or proportional?

I see so many people bash thermostats (not just VEs) and most of the time I wonder on user error or ignorance?

I have a VE200 that has been monitoring a 24 tub rack for 3+ years and there is less than a 4 degree temperature difference. The rack holds 28qt tubs, 12 inch flex-a-watt that is 6 inches long per shelf. Not even close to maxing out the wattage at 25 watts per foot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I've read the instructions many times, I use proportional heat with no night drop. Still get random low temps, usually 75F or 45F. Really weird. If you turn off proportional it may click on and off...

Thanks

Yea both of mine are set to proportional Idk its just weird how they were clicking I have not heard it in a while but still worried

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erebus45 View Post
    Yea both of mine are set to proportional Idk its just weird how they were clicking I have not heard it in a while but still worried

Did you go to your settings and scroll to alarms and check that they are all off? The other thing i would try is to clean off the probe and make sure that your tape is not covering the sensor.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    Well I know this an old thread, but I had a VE-200 fail last night in my incubator. I got home at 130am, checked animals and noticed it. Luckily temp in incubator got down to 81.1 but in the tub itself with eggs only 85. I had an Inkbird i threw on there just to get temps up. It was doing the clicking noise randomly as previously described by other VE users. I even videos it. No more VE thermostats for me. I'll be contacting them on Monday. Also my VE high-power that controls my oil heater is making the same noise. I'm a tad cautious now, and it's only about 3-4 months old. I guess with electronics anything can fail but sounds like there is an issue with the thermostats.

Also had an electrician check for power surges, but nothing. I also have a herpstat 2 and it's rocking on without issue on same circuit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trooperjd View Post
    Well I know this an old thread, but I had a VE-200 fail last night in my incubator. I got home at 130am, checked animals and noticed it. Luckily temp in incubator got down to 81.1 but in the tub itself with eggs only 85. I had an Inkbird i threw on there just to get temps up. It was doing the clicking noise randomly as previously described by other VE users. I even videos it. No more VE thermostats for me. I'll be contacting them on Monday. Also my VE high-power that controls my oil heater is making the same noise. I'm a tad cautious now, and it's only about 3-4 months old. I guess with electronics anything can fail but sounds like there is an issue with the thermostats.

Also had an electrician check for power surges, but nothing. I also have a herpstat 2 and it's rocking on without issue on same circuit.
    This is the last thing I want to hear lol I have a VE200 on my incubator and I'm expecting eggs soon. I've had I have a VE300x2 for the last yr on my racks and it's been working fine and I've had a Hi power VE for a space heater for the last 3 yrs and that's worked fine aswell

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast