Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,169

0 members and 3,169 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Your opinions are greatly appreciated...

There are two pics in my gallery of both bp being handled after their 1st shed...your assumption was incorrect!
    It amazes me you assumed that I wasn't using correct husbandry, you knew for certainty the conditions, habitat, etc...just from 2 quickly snapped pics after cleaning...
    The female Spider is a bit over 85 grams empty and the male is about 110g after his last meal. Asking questions before you "assumed" might be a better approach. If you are going to cite or refer to links , you might want to make sure it complies with your opinions on husbandry so you don't have to correct them to force the ill advised paper towel theory, assuming you thought these were out of the shell...amazing that ball pythons have endured about 2 million years of evolution without paper towel lol
    I was really just looking for opinions on colors and genes but thank you for the "know it all" input and Happy Holidays

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratikal For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (12-17-2016)

Thanks

Colors and genetics...

Thank you all...wasn't so worried about the husbandry, I've studied the care sheets and these aren't my 1st snakes nor pets for that matter...
    I just loved the colors on this guy and he was very friendly and active unlike most "tubbed" snakes that most breeders try to pass off...he is pre-shed. His 2nd shed unlike the "know it all" above assumed...
    Not too worried about genetics since I am just getting back into ball pythons but I have no plans right now for breeding, just healthy beautiful pets! I have a lot to learn before I even think of breeding ball pythons...thank you all and Happy Holidays

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Sorry it's been such a rough ride for you so far , partly due to me I fear.

Maybe you should ditch this thread and have a fresh start ...

I also have had a slightly rocky ride in here . No hard feelings hopefully !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Please...no worries! I'm not that thinned skinned and I know how breeders and hobbyists are with opinions. I appreciate everyone's opinion and experience. It's a great way to gain knowledge. I didn't take any offense and I greatly appreciate your sentiment. I know a lot of people jump into hero keeping without proper research, fortunately I'm a little more educated. I studied a lot of care sheets, annalyzed the differences, took note of the opinions and practices of others before deciding to get another Ball Python.Ai use to have a beautiful SuriRT Boa and 2 adult Bps I raised from a hatchling and sub-adult. Unfortunately, my female companion wasn't excited about living with with snakes so I chose poorly...should've kept the snakes lol jk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratikal For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (12-17-2016)

Registered User Ballpythonguy92's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Colors and genetics...

Quote Originally Posted by Ratikal View Post
    Thank you all...wasn't so worried about the husbandry, I've studied the care sheets and these aren't my 1st snakes nor pets for that matter...
    I just loved the colors on this guy and he was very friendly and active unlike most "tubbed" snakes that most breeders try to pass off...he is pre-shed. His 2nd shed unlike the "know it all" above assumed...
    Not too worried about genetics since I am just getting back into ball pythons but I have no plans right now for breeding, just healthy beautiful pets! I have a lot to learn before I even think of breeding ball pythons...thank you all and Happy Holidays
    I have all mine in tubs why because alot of mine wouldn't eat in a tank but in the racks they never missed a meal unless breeding season even if they weren't breeding just because the cool down now with that said I also made the switch due to mites it made it easier to deal with and handle the first time I got them but everyone has they're own opinions on tanks vs racks I honestly seen the difference in some snakes especially my cave snake he is very aggressive in a tank but I've had him in a rack for the time being as I'm making him a custom cage but I think I'm keeping him in the tub due to his calm nature now

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    For what it's worth, paper towels are great substrate to use if you would like your snake to die a horrible death! Look how effective they are!

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/cach...per-towels.jpg

You never know what a baby is going to try to eat, and that is true of animals of any species. I'd bet you anything this has happened even with animals that weren't being fed on paper towels.
    -------
    0.1 Spider BP, "Sassy"
    0.1 ETB, "Ysera"
    1.0 GTP, "Craig"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Calider For This Useful Post:

Ratikal (12-29-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Calider View Post
    For what it's worth, paper towels are great substrate to use if you would like your snake to die a horrible death! Look how effective they are!

You never know what a baby is going to try to eat, and that is true of animals of any species. I'd bet you anything this has happened even with animals that weren't being fed on paper towels.
    That's paper towel in that snakes mouth?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I have actually heard of this happening, expecially when keepers feed atop paper towel because it keeps the food odor or gets wrapped with food during constricting.
    I know with these forums alot of experienced keepers jump to conclusions and seem to chastise the less experienced.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Calider View Post

I've fed 100s, maybe over 1,000 babies on paper towel and never had an issue. These babies each ate multiple times as well. I would guess this is a very rare occurrence.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave Green For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (12-31-2016),Alicia (12-30-2016),Ballpythonguy92 (12-30-2016),cletus (12-29-2016),Eric Alan (12-29-2016),PitOnTheProwl (12-29-2016)

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    No paper towel problems here either.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast