Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,781

1 members and 2,780 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    @Zinkubus: Oh crap, I forgot to add the actual country, didn't I? Whoops.
    I'm from the Netherlands, actually! Even tinier. Just as rainy.

Thank you all! She's currently curled up on the warm spot under her branch all day (she hasn't figured out the hides yet and I don't want to disturb her too much) and very dull in color, so I guess the shed will begin soon. I'm kind of scared if not excited, because I just hope it'll go okay!

I'm hoping that once she's older, I can help people overcome some fears by introducing her, since she's super sweet (the times I handled her she just hung out on my always warm hands or tried to use my sleeve as hammock) she is kind of feisty, not striking at you feisty, but she putting her head up and looking at you like "girl, what do you want?". I'll handle with care and not too often.

There's only one thing I'm worried about currently, and that's the temperature at night. And the humidity. I have a ceramic heat lamp for her for the night, but I'm worried it's not strong enough. The heat mat stays on always, but yeah... I think it's a bit of a process too, gotta learn, gotta get in the flow. I measure the temp a lot, keep a chart, going to make some cool graphics from the basic care things that I can frame in stupid kitch frames and hang up above her home in case I'm not home and my hubby has to do the checking. New and exciting!!

I saw her on the breeder's website a while ago, and my first thought was... oh my god. That is a beautiful snake? How is this snake so beautiful? HOW??? For me, she wasn't cheap. Especially when you can get a wild color for very very little money and the snake will be just as amazing. But she stuck.
    Long story short, it's almost Christmas, I've been through a TOUGH two years, hubby saw how much I was enjoying the whole studying, setting things up, and how much in love I was with her. So... he helped. <3 He's amazing.

FELLOW NERDS YES!!!! Andromeda is constantly on my mind man, I jut CAN'T WAIT for it. In frustration I replayed all three Mass Effect games and now that I'm done there I am going though Dragon Age again, currently right before the Landsmeet of Origins
    Bioware, man.

I talk a lot, as you see. I'm a very hyper person (I got serious ADHD, which is both annoying and a gift at times), love to talk about the things I love passionately, so I hope to find some cool threads here to discuss stuff with y'all

Oeh I have an instagram where I did a stupid "I'm going to pick up my new noodle" video:

I'm going to shield the sides for her, to make it more secluded.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOCkZs6AWbW/

Here I'm on the way! Live footage of noodle at the end ^_^ :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOCzaVIgrOd/

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Hello from a small and rainy European country 😂

You'll fit in nicely here

I know a little about ADHD ..... I am Aspergers which also comes with many advantages / disadvantages

It maybe worth you joining the RFUK reptile forum as well as it's all European members , just to get the European angle on things if ya get my meaning ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 12-17-2016 at 04:42 AM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Hello from a small and rainy European country 😂

Welcome, and Ripley is beautiful! How's the shed going?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    @Zincubus nothing wrong with either Aspergers or ADHD, just makes people a little different, probably more fun!

I'll check it out!

@pbyeerts: thank you! She really is. I keep looking at her with awe and admiration, haha.

Shed is currently in the phase where her eyes have cleared again, I checked on her yesterday as I was cleaning her waterbowl to make sure she was okay, made sure the substrate in the hide was sprayed down a bit for humidity. I was glad she found it and crawled into it!

I'm keeping a close eye on her, but don't want to disturb her too much. New environment AND shedding, pfff.

Thanks
    I'll be moving to amsterdam soon, was wondering which breeder you used?

Thanks

Re: Hello from a small and rainy European country 😂

Nice! This is his website:

http://www.vanharenballpythons.nl

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ripley For This Useful Post:

Dumdum333 (12-19-2016)

Thanks
    Awesome thank you so much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12