Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,775

2 members and 2,773 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Those damn Pieds!

I recently acquired this little guy in a trade. The pairing was a Black Pastel Yellowbelly het Pied x Pied
    I scooped up the the siblings that I know are Black Pastel Yellowbelly het Pied and a Yellowbelly het Pied but I'm curious if anyone could chime in on this one and tell me what I'm looking at here. He definitely doesn't look anything like my other pieds. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raincoast For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (12-05-2016),Trisnake (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Those damn Pieds!

I wish we could have a closeup of the picture but basically i would venture to say he is a low to medium white pied. Patterning and amount of white is very variable in pieds too. To me, he is a little dark to be yellowbelly even the lateral and dorsal coloration. Then again he looks too light to be black pastel pied. Especially the head coloration. Totally imo and could definitely stand corrected. Amazing looking in any case. Grats.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 995 Posts
    Not a black pastel pied for sure. I'm going to say it's a normal pied with some really nice color/pattern but I don't really see yellow belly in it, too dark. All in all a *very* nice pied! Once it grows up a little it will be interesting to see what happens to the color.

Thanks
    I agree with normal pied. My pied has similar colors and he's nothing but a pied.

First pic is with flash, second without. But I think you get the idea. 700+ grams and still gorgeous.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

Thanks
    I don't think he fits any possibility other than a regular pied. He's too dark for a yellowbelly pied and he's too light and too low white to be black pastel pied. Honestly when I saw the first picture and hadn't clicked to enlarge yet, my mind immediately went to pastel pied. But upon closer inspection, the color is wrong even though the pattern screams it. Either way it would have been impossible with the pairing but you never know, retained sperm happens.

He really is exceptionally beautiful and definitely has some cool funkiness going on with the color and pattern great pick up! Probably the nicest or at least one of the nicest single gene pieds I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Trisnake; 12-06-2016 at 08:11 PM.